Radiator orientation?

sswilson

Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on the orientation of Thermaltake's large radiators?

I'm going to purchase the bigwater 745 (it's the best I can purchase locally) and I'm trying to figure out how to mount the larger rad (2 X 120 fans).

I'm thinking that I can just mount it on top of my case using long screws & 2" spacers. (this way if I take a fit at a later date and decide to cut fan holes in the top of my case I can mount it inside directly underneath using the same screw holes).

My concern is that all of the photos of this particular rad in use (including in the preinstalled LC armor case) show it vertical.

Can anybody think of why it couldn't be installed flat?

(or any reason why my idea is completely out to lunch? :) )

Thanks in advance for any advice

It shouldn't matter what position it has, once its full of water and all the air bubbles are out it will work the same on every position.

The radiator design is of a 3/8" tube spinning around and with fins attached to this "coil" to create the radiator, right? I really doubt it will work better or worse one way or the other.

Yeah, my understanding is that it's a 3/8 system w/ a 400 l/h pump.

I didn't think there was any reason why I couldn't mount it that way, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something critical.

I'm planning on running the hoses through the top (holes cut where the fan holes may eventually be) so I'm thinking that it won't be too much of a length on the tubing.

Thanks