sp2004 vs. prime 95

edjahman

Is Sp2004 as good as Prime 95?

Also is it possible that it could cause and error if I were gaming while priming?

Thanks.

--EJM

It's essentially the same just with a graphic interface. Supposedly it's actually a bit more sensitive than Prime95.

If you can game while you're priming then i don't think you're priming the right way...In any case yeah you could generate an eror - but that's just showing that you weren't stable anyways. Though I suppose it could be a freak bug while gaming that gives an error...

The reason I asked is because it produced an error while gaming but it's priming just fine while using for web browsing and email etc. I obviously want to know if its truly 100% stable.

I only have it set on priority 1.

Weird.

Thanks

--EJM

The reason I asked is because it produced an error while gaming but it's priming just fine while using for web browsing and email etc. I obviously want to know if its truly 100% stable.

Weird.

Thanks

--EJM

I feel while it's possible doing other things could produce a random error that has no bearing on your stability, it's more than likely unstable.

By the way, how are you gaming while priming? One core devoted to each process?

If you really want to give the rig a run for it's money, set priority to 9 or 10. I run P95 at priority 10 and just let it sit for the next 8 hours or so. I agree with technodonovan about running P95 and running games. However, if you're running at a priority 10, that will preclude you from doing much else other than stress testing.