Sign in to follow this  
InfernoEffect

Need Some Help

Hi guys, I've been haveing some problems lately. The other day I decided to flash my bios to the 3/29/2006 because... well, I don't really know why. Yeah, I can do some stupid things sometimes. So anyways, I flash it using winflash because my floppy drive wasn't working. I restart my computer and it wouldn't post (I had 3 diagnostic leds lit up with the fourth one flashing). So I do a search, and saw I had to clear my CMOS. I do that for 10 minutes, and I got into the bios, loaded optimal defaults, then booted into Windows. Then, my computer restarted after being in Windows for a couple of minutes. After that it kept restarting at the Windows loading screen until if finally gave me a BSOD. So today, I decided to try and reflash it. I downloaded TMOD's Bios Flash CD, and flashed it to the 4/06/2006 one, cleared my CMOS for 30 seconds, loaded optimal defaults, got into Windows, and it restarted again. So, yeah, I have no clue what to do now. Thanks in advance and you guys rock.

Run memtest from bios run test #5 for 5-10 passes and if good run full test for 4hr+. Stop on any errors and tweak memory settings.

Thank you so much. I ram memtest and got like, 300 errors. I put the other 2 sticks of ram in that I took out when it didn't post (I have 4, don't know why I typed 2 in my sig before) and I'm running memtest now and so far so good. Thanks again for the help.