What Benchmark?

Iceman54

Really suck's when window's corrupts on ya.

I always make a ghost of the drive before I OC, if it corrupts on me------> ghost it back. It takes roughly 10 minutes, ;) depending of course on your setup and amount of information as well as compression level, etc...

For a quick performance check, I use Super Pi 1million. I run it three times though, and take the average. I also find Battle Of Proxycon in 3D Mark 03 to be a quick stability cjeck. If it passes, it doesn't mean its stable, but if it doesn't, then it definitly isn't stable. I usually go Super Pi 1 Million, Battle for Proxycon, OCCT, Prime.

Yeah, for just checking performance difference between settings I use the average of 3 1m superprimes as well.

Don't know how much luck other folks have had with A64 tweaker but it didn't really do the trick for me so I just printed off the initial settings and worked from there doing shutdowns and 1 bios mem tweak at a time.

Don't know if you're doing the enhanced memory timings or just the big 4, but if you're only doing the big 4 make sure you also have a look at "Idle Cycle Limit".

My board defaults to 256 and I was able to get an extra 100 - 200 ms out of a 1m superpi by dropping it down to a stable 8.

(overall I got about 600ms 1M superpi improvement from the enhanced settings)

Folding@home is a good allrounder for giving your system a good workout. Try folding for team 45454 for a few weeks after you think you are stable.

F@H text Client:

http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

Good setup guide:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17538642

Nope, F@H is not near as good as other programs when you want to test for stability. I could set up my machines to be just 2 hours Prime95 stable, and still fold for days and days with out problems.

I think we could put F@H in the list of test programs, but behind other programs in the list. I still say SuperPi 32M is a very good "short" test to see if CPU and RAM are ok, before giving Prime95 a ride I mean.

Yeah, for just checking performance difference between settings I use the average of 3 1m superprimes as well.

Don't know how much luck other folks have had with A64 tweaker but it didn't really do the trick for me so I just printed off the initial settings and worked from there doing shutdowns and 1 bios mem tweak at a time.

Don't know if you're doing the enhanced memory timings or just the big 4, but if you're only doing the big 4 make sure you also have a look at "Idle Cycle Limit".

My board defaults to 256 and I was able to get an extra 100 - 200 ms out of a 1m superpi by dropping it down to a stable 8.

(overall I got about 600ms 1M superpi improvement from the enhanced settings)

I have the big 4 where I want them for now I'm just trying to tighten everything so I get the most from my memory.