considering updating my PSU

psp

I have been thinking alot about my psu and may be purchasing the OCZ GameXStream 600 Watt PSU. Are there anythings i need to considering when dropping in a new psu? Will any data be lost? do i need to re flash the bios? or is a just a simple change of units?

Also I am running only 1 gig of ram ..considering going to 2 . I currently am using 2 x 512 I read its better to have 2 x 1 gig is this true?.. i cant just drop in another another 1 gig stick?

Also, to save money should i just buy 2 more 512's or sell the 512's and get and get two 1 gigs sticks??? Any recommendations for ram...Currently using the OCZ as seen in my sig....

Thanks

I have been thinking alot about my psu and may be purchasing the OCZ GameXStream 600 Watt PSU. Are there anythings i need to considering when dropping in a new psu? Will any data be lost? do i need to re flash the bios? or is a just a simple change of units?

Also I am running only 1 gig of ram ..considering going to 2 . I currently am using 2 x 512 I read its better to have 2 x 1 gig is this true?.. i cant just drop in another another 1 gig stick?

Also, to save money should i just buy 2 more 512's or sell the 512's and get and get two 1 gigs sticks??? Any recommendations for ram...Currently using the OCZ as seen in my sig....

Thanks

The 700w is on sale,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65202

Just plug it in and go,no worries:)

Most of us have went to 2GB of ram,2x1GB is the best way to go

You can't run 3 sticks

4x512mb takes a lot more work and is not in any way preferable to 2x1GB

I guess it depends on what you do w/your rig,I've noticed a big performance increase w/2x1GB

Thanks for the info. OCZ seems the way to go...

@lowboy I updated my location..thanks for the reminder! Well I live in Canada locating the best deal is a bit tricky compared to the USA...will keep searching...

Ram suggesttions or jusr stick with the OCZ?

I primarily use my computer for audio recording. Running mulitple vst instruments etc...more ram would allow me to have more effects processed in realtime and of course the potential for moreaudio tracks and more vst instruments....hobby turned compulsion over the last 22 years!

Cheers

PSP