Sign in to follow this  
Tommy67

NOOB question about hdd on nf ultra2-m2

ok i have a seagate sata drive which i have removed the jumper to make it run at 3gb/s,the only problem is that in post it tells me that "MASTER2,ATA133,250G" is this how it should look in post? or should it be telling something else? have i set up the bios wrong,please all feed back welcome.

This is the 1st sata drive i have oned and im a bit orried i have done something wrong.:nod:

Guest SPQQKY

what sata port are you using? You need to create a signature with all you system specifics in it, including motherboard BIOS version.

SPQQKY here the details of my pc

[email protected]

nf ultra2-m2 bios8/9/06 this is what it was shippped with

Ocz 6400el platninum 2x1g

seagate st3250620as 250g

his 1900gt

antec tp550w rev2.0

xp pro with sp2

im using sata port 1 in the bios it picks it up as a 250g but like i said when i switch the pc when it goes into post it tells me ata133.250g, may i need to set something in the bios as i have never had SATA drive before any feed back would be a great help.

SPQQKY here the details of my pc

[email protected]

nf ultra2-m2 bios8/9/06 this is what it was shippped with

Ocz 6400el platninum 2x1g

seagate st3250620as 250g

his 1900gt

antec tp550w rev2.0

xp pro with sp2

im using sata port 1 in the bios it picks it up as a 250g but like i said when i switch the pc when it goes into post it tells me ata133.250g, may i need to set something in the bios as i have never had SATA drive before any feed back would be a great help.

still you need to make a sig, puz those details in your signature, trust me you don't want to make Happy angry... :)

Guest Dice

Mine shows up the same. Originally mine was set at 1.5(Gb?) too. Once I removed the shunt the drive was displayed as 3G and the speed test through device manager showed a faster throughput. During boot mine shows 133 too, not sure why it lists as that.

Guest SPQQKY

Try HDTach to test your drive. You should get well over 200MBs burst speed. If so, your drive is running properly.