Question about SLI

Iceman54

Hi everyone! I am new here so please bear with me about this question. As you can see in my sig. I have the 7900GT KO and was wondering would I see much of a difference if I bought another one of these cards? This system does a great job of running anything I throw at it but I was thinking about going to SLI but will I actually see any difference in the quality of the graphics?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam in the same situation with only one card.You probley wont notice or see much of a diffrence to the eye,but it should increase your scores in benching, 3dmark, ect.Go to the overclocking database and check out some of the scores the guys are getting with there sli setup.

Iam in the same situation with only one card.You probley wont notice or see much of a diffrence to the eye,but it should increase your scores in benching, 3dmark, ect.Go to the overclocking database and check out some of the scores the guys are getting with there sli setup.

Like DrNick said SLI increase performance everywhere, not only in benchmarks, which result in "eye candy" all the way :)

IMO, two small'ish cards in SLI beat a bigger single card... plain and simple. Two 7900GT will be faster than any x1950xt or 7900GTX, same with two 7800GT's compared against a sinlge big card of their cathegory. It is that easy to increase performance, the only dificulty is to find the exact same type of video card because even if you can mix manufacturers you can't mix diferent speeds that easily.

hello, I play on a 1280x1024 screen display with a SLI of 7900GS.

And I couldn't believe how high it performs in terms of image quality settings and frames per second with high settings activated.

SLI is expensive but it performs very well