Sign in to follow this  
Icez84

7800gt goes sli or 7950gt.... help

this is a 7900gt 256mb card and is XFX. This here is the 7950gt Evga which i always buy because of their lifetime warranty and there excellent Step-up program which hooked me on them. Cleary after you see those lins iknow you will get the 7950gt its clocked higher and has more memory and its like $10 more its a no-brainer dude but you decide.

A6437,

btw, i think my cheap O' good Aopen 700w and handle it, its cost less than the stupid useless exp Hiper, and give a very steady juice out of it..

I'm not sure aout PS but my 0cz 520 SLI handles them just fine goodluck on what you choose i recommend Evga and the 7950gt at 1st cus rumors about G80 coming out in a few months and you could take full advantage of their Step-up program

yea i understand tt Evga gpu have a lifetime warrenty which is so cooool but again i cant get those in singapore, therefore i could only order it online, which mean if my gpu come faulty i gotta rma it back on my own cost... but i would love to learn more abt the step up programme, sound like a good rate discount when i trade in my own gpu for a new one cheaper or i can get the next Evga gpu cheaper.. If that really the case i might consider the risk in taking a Evga.

PS: Singapore vendors is too anal to take in Evga, i suspect they are not willingly to offer the lifetime warrenty. :mad:

Well the step-up program works is you have 90 days about 3 months to use it and i most cases new cards come out about every 2 months lol or something like that well if you use ur step-up with evga what happens is that you call em then they check to see if you can still do if u didn't run out of time then u send yours in and just pay the difference in price so if you paid 300 bucks for your card and even if it goes down to like 100 bucks they still credit you what you paid for and then you just pay the difference for the new card. But since you got some risks to take its all up to you

Well it should be their for step-up i'm not sure why not but maybe you can research that. Did you find anything out on the release date or nah?

I just got done testing a new XFX 7900GT against my old XFX 7800GT,all at stock,

7800GT

3Dmark2001-24562

2003-15102

2005-7253

2006-3580

7900GT

3Dmark2001-25451

2003-16626

2005-7928

2006-3941

Doesn't seem like that much of a diff,I only played BF2 @1600x1200 everything maxed and couldn't tell any diff at all

darn, though it would be a major differs between the performance of a 7900GT and a 7800GT.. that suprising.. wabt abt 7950GT to a 7900GT & 7800GT? any1 here owns a 7950GT care to share with us the performance of it?

Sign in to follow this