OCZ 600w and 700w GamerXStream psu deals inside!

davidhammock200

Mail in rebates are is way for the store or manufacture to stick it to you. You buy the product at full price and get a print out sheet. You fill out the sheet and usually clip the barcode (UPC) and mail it in. In about usually 8 to 10 weeks, depending on program, they mail you a check for the described amount. It’s a tedious process because some companies are very descriptive about what to fill out and send in and if you make even a little mistake, they will reject your claim and make you re-summit. Some companies just flat out don't pay you and make excuses (e.g. Tiger Direct). Then they get sued =). However, if done correctly, it’s a great way to save money and companies are getting much better about paying and accepting them (Staples is great at this).

Pros:

- Potentially save lots of cash.

- Kind of like a piggy bank (saving it for later).

Cons:

- Tedious

- Can wait up to 2 or more months before receiving reimbursement.

- Possibly never receive check.

Tips:

- Make copies of EVERYTHING for personal records.

- Mark calendar for when sent in and make a notice for postmark date.

- If it’s a considerable amount, say $30 or more, get a certification of mailing. Only a dollar or so and its proof that you mailed the rebate before it expired.

- Call and bug them if you don’t see it within the allotted time. If they reject you, this is where the copies and certificate come in handy, then you have proof.

Too bad this doesn’t apply to you since you’re Germany and this is only open to residents within the 50 States. =|

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of depressing. I just bought mine locally for $150 + local tax(almost $13) about 2 weeks ago. I guess the bright side is that I didn't have to wait 1 1/2 weeks for monarch to process and ship it :)

"Yes" Great Deal!! SMILE! :)

I went through the egg as I need it now! Will in 3 days,

I have killed the order with the egg. I can wait a little longer for this one.. Also I did not want to pay the 9.99 fee they charge. As I have heard so much good stuff about OCZ.

If by chance I get a DOA, Will they RMA it. Or will I have to go to OCZ for replacement?

I Have never bought from Monark before.. I dont like they way they put that fee in place..

The egg would replace a DOA with no prob. And no FEE.

But I did save almost 30.00 dollars for waiting a little longer for this to ship. This is my last part I need to start buliding.

Guest Chemojay
I have killed the order with the egg. I can wait a little longer for this one.. Also I did not want to pay the 9.99 fee they charge. As I have heard so much good stuff about OCZ.

If by chance I get a DOA, Will they RMA it. Or will I have to go to OCZ for replacement?

I Have never bought from Monark before.. I dont like they way they put that fee in place..

The egg would replace a DOA with no prob. And no FEE.

But I did save almost 30.00 dollars for waiting a little longer for this to ship. This is my last part I need to start buliding.

Here is what is on the web about OCZ'z Warranty.

3 year warranty backed by OCZ’s exclusive PowerSwap™ replacement program. No more endless return-for-repair loops!

So why even consider buying a 10buck warranty? If that is OCZ stand behind their products.

I just ordered one also. I didn't get the warranty extra either.

Good deal thanks