So what's the deal with HTT?

thejamesvolta

I've read over the DFI overclocking guide, researched, and researched. I see conflicting information. I've read that you should try to keep your HTT around 1000. In my situation it's @ 1040 (259*4). I've been told to back off my multiplier to 3. That would make it around 780. I was told that this would help me get past my 2.9 Ghz wall (263*11). So what's the deal. Am I going to lost performance by lowering my HTT? Or is it that if my system boots, then it's fine and there's no performance loss? Please help!

You will not lose performance with a 3x multiplier at your current settings. It's doubtful that an HTT of 1040 is limiting your overclock but most certainly drop it down to 3x and give it a try.

It's difficult to catch a momentary glitch with analog readings from software. Especially considering without calibration the accuracy of the displayed values is unknown. Run the 1/2 hour test in OCCT. At the end of the test you can look at the saved graphs of the various voltages.