Sign in to follow this  
WintersFury

C2D or AM2? and a good LCD!

And I need a LCD, badly. My fairly nice 17" gateway monitor died about 2 years ago and I've been using a substandard hp monitor I got from someone cause they were going to throw it out. I'm looking at getting a 19-22" monitor. Tigerdirect currently has a 22" Acer with 5ms response for $299 but I've heard good and bad things about acer monitors. I know Samsung and dell are known for good monitors but a samsung is $370ish and a dell is like $600. So... Anyone have an Acer or seen one in person before?

I got the Acer from micro center for 299.I am very happy with it.It plays games great,no ghosting.The colors look nice and it is very bright.My only complaint is the viewing angle.You can't notice the viewing angle issue if your sitting right in front though.Its my first lcd so I really have nothing to compare it to.But in my opinion its the best bang for the buck.I'm very happy with it.Good luck with your build.

NEC 20WGMX2 20.1" is king of the 20 Widescreen TFT's at the moment. 1200:1 Contrast, 8ms Typical Response time and a next-gen AS-IPS panel, it has opti-clear coating on the screen as well that really seems to enhance the color reproduction. However, that can be a turn-off to some because of the screen is now reflective instead of opaque.

Although the price is expensive, atleast the 1680x1050 Resolution will give your new C2D setup a little bit of a workout. :)

NEC 20WGMX2 20.1" is king of the 20 Widescreen TFT's at the moment. 1200:1 Contrast, 8ms Typical Response time and a next-gen AS-IPS panel, it has opti-clear coating on the screen as well that really seems to enhance the color reproduction. However, that can be a turn-off to some because of the screen is now reflective instead of opaque.

Although the price is expensive, atleast the 1680x1050 Resolution will give your new C2D setup a little bit of a workout. :)

I was intreigued until I saw it cost $600 :eek: I know that coating yer talking about, I've seen 17" or so LCD's with it before and thought they looked way better than any of the other ones next to them.

But $600 is crazy... I mean, my mobo, cpu and vid card will be about that much!

I'm seeing a lot of good stuff about the Dell monitors everywhere I look so I'm kinda leaning twards their 20" which is 1680x1050 as well so I'll get my high rez I want with a price tag that doesn't make stare in awe :cool:

arrrrr matey

thy C2D, arrr, is the fastest ship in thy ocean

especially if yer using one of those low-arrrr resolution monitors

rofl, hahahah ships hahahah

Good monitor and video card first and second unless you get a decent monitor/card the rest is a waste. I dont think I would be in any hurry to upgrade unless you can get a good monitor and card too- 1900 series or better. You can also get a dual core cheap to tide you over and sell the one you have.

Dont get a LCD that you will want to replace soon or get a high res one without a video card that can handle it. I cant wait for conro too though it would be nice

Good monitor and video card first and second unless you get a decent monitor/card the rest is a waste. I dont think I would be in any hurry to upgrade unless you can get a good monitor and card too- 1900 series or better. You can also get a dual core cheap to tide you over and sell the one you have.

Dont get a LCD that you will want to replace soon or get a high res one without a video card that can handle it. I cant wait for conro too though it would be nice

I have enough to get a high rez 20" and a x1900 card, so I'm not too worried about it all. Depending on how long it takes me to build it and how fast prices drop I may get a x1950 or a DX10 card.

The C2D proc is essentially free. Part of my tuition at school this semester goes into building a server and it's the proc in the server. So naturally I'm not going to let a chip like that go to waste in a server ;)

Sign in to follow this