ATI Tray Tools with x1900 Overclocking Support Released

Praz

Using any overclocking utility other then CCC will cause the clocks to revert to 2d with anything that contains avi or mpeg video using any driver after 6.3. Here is how I run FEAR with 3d clocks. I launch the game with 2d settings. Once the game starts I pause it, Alt-Tab to the desktop, switch to 3d settings and go back to the game. A word of caution. Any system instability can cause a crash by doing this. With my 24/7 setting I have never had a problem.

I know on ATI TOOL you can use the 3D Detection if the application that you're running somehow doesn't launch the 3D clock settings. Not sure about ATI Tray Tool but that's how it works with ATI TOOL.

By any chance any of you that are using this latest version think it works better than ATI TOOL? I've tried many times to hit 700/800 w/1.47-1.55v (GPU voltage) and stock voltage to 2.2v on memory without availability. I have an XT version though, but at least should hit there and slightly higher right?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just loaded the latest version so I haven't had time to do anything with it. I configured Overdrive real quick for a test run. GPU set to 675, memory set to 792 and core voltage set to 1.5 volts. Hotkey Poller was enabled. I ran the Pray benchmark which always sets the clocks back to 2d. As you can see the clocks switched from 2d to 3d and back to 2d perfectly. Time to start pounding on this release and see exactly what it does. Good and bad.

overkw3.png

Edit:

I updated the graphs. The second rise in the graphs are from running FEAR with the Overdrive option.

I just loaded the latest version so I haven't had time to do anything with it. I configured Overdrive real quick for a test run. GPU set to 675, memory set to 792 and core voltage set to 1.5 volts. Hotkey Poller was enabled. I ran the Pray benchmark which always sets the clocks back to 2d. As you can see the clocks switched from 2d to 3d and back to 2d perfectly. Time to start pounding on this release and see exactly what it does. Good and bad.

overkw3.png

Edit:

I updated the graphs. The second rise in the graphs are from running FEAR with the Overdrive option.

What do you mean in this sentence, "I ran the Pray benchmark which always sets the clocks back to 2d"??? So when you run Prey instead of loading the 3D CLOCKS it loads the 2D? WTF? Are you talking about CCC OVERDRIVE or ATI TOOL TRAY? Sorry about the caps, hehe. So this 2d/3d frequencies a bug or am i on some hardcore drugs today? How is that possible!!!

In the past with the card manually clocked to 3d settings once Pray or FEAR was launched it was reset back to 2d settings. I configured the new Overdrive in Tray Tools for 675/792, 1.5V. I didn't set any profiles for manual overclocking or auto overclocking. The first rise in the graphs is when Overdrive in Tray Tools detected Pray loading. When the benchmark was finished Tray Tools reduced the clocks back down to 2d levels. When FEAR was started Tray Tools did the same thing again. This was fully automatic with no CCC and no intervention by me.

I had this problem with BF2 where I would have to alt-tab out to put the clocks up in the menu each time, with overdrive this problem went away and clocks changes perfectly. Will be using this from now on till the next version since I only raise the gpu voltage.

Something I notice is BF2 and FEAR for sure, PREY I don't remember last I played it was the demo that in the menu in the background there is a blink video file playing and reading back on the ATT forums over a guru3d and personal experience with any video it resets the clocks back to 2d always. Hopefully Ray can find a way around this. :)

• 2 weeks later...