Sign in to follow this  
Praz

ATI Tray Tools with x1900 Overclocking Support Released

If it still doesn't work reinstall ATI Tray Tools. During setup uncheck "Enable old IC2 control system". Memory voltage adjustment should then work.

Oh yeah, when I reinstalled 6.8 cats and ATT I also unchecked "Enable old IC2 control system".

I also found out why ATT was taking so long for it to load, it was the "Forceware IP Service" service that was hanging, I couldn't find a fix or another person with the problem so I just uninstalled it.

Oh yeah, when I reinstalled 6.8 cats and ATT I also unchecked "Enable old IC2 control system".

Are you now able to adjust the memory voltage?

Nice, since i heard you talking about this a while ago, i couldnt wait for the release. Cant wait to try it.

During setup uncheck "Enable old IC2 control system" as stated above. I don't believe this serves any purpose for x1900 series cards. For us x1900 users I think there will be more with the next release.

Are you now able to adjust the memory voltage?

Yes when I posted a few days ago that reinstalling cats 6.8 and ATT I was able to adjust the memory voltage which during that time I unchecked that option since it wasn't needed for r5xx cards.

I have tried out the ATT beta with Cat 6.8 and was so close to getting it to work fine. I was not able to change the memory voltage, but it seems there is a fix for that listed above I will reinstall and uncheck the "use old" box.

There was one thing that got me, every 3D app on my computer correctly ran at the overclocked speeds except one. Steam games, Rise of Legends, AquaMark, all the 3DMarks ran at the overclocked settings, but whenever I launch Sims2 the video card reverts to stock 2D settings (500 / 600). Anyone had a similar experience or any advice? Thanks,

Sasquatch1313

Using any overclocking utility other then CCC will cause the clocks to revert to 2d with anything that contains avi or mpeg video using any driver after 6.3. Here is how I run FEAR with 3d clocks. I launch the game with 2d settings. Once the game starts I pause it, Alt-Tab to the desktop, switch to 3d settings and go back to the game. A word of caution. Any system instability can cause a crash by doing this. With my 24/7 setting I have never had a problem.

Praz,

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I had read something about 6.3 and up drivers but nobody every explained it that clearly. I am almost positive thats the culprit since Sims2 lauches with a movie. Thanks for the fix.

Sasquatch1313

Man am I glad that I use ATITOOL and don't have these 2d-3d issues.

As already stated.

Using any overclocking utility other then CCC will cause the clocks to revert to 2d with anything that contains avi or mpeg video using any driver after 6.3.

New version released this morning.

[F] Fixed bug when manual fan control can not be applied

[*] Updated some translation files

[F] Fixed Old I2C Method to be compatible with X1xxx boards in memory voltage control procedure

[+] Added ability to change how ATT will react on "ATI HotKey poller" service. (in General options)

[*] Updated Overdrive control procedure. Now you can set any available clocks for OverDrive even beyond the Catalyst limits!

And change GPU Voltage too.

[+] Added option to apply OverDrive settings on startup

[+] Added Portuguese (Brazilian) and Belorussian translations

________

Can be downloaded from Guru3d (when will be updated) or by checking for new version in General options in ATI Tray Tools.

Edit:

News about next release

At this moment I'm finishing adding new method of overclocking for R5xx boards. This method will be called "Driver Level".

What will do this method:

1. Overclocking will be done by Catalyst itself like Overdrive

2. Voltage will be applied by driver for GPU and by ATT for memory

3. ATT will emulate Overdrive job, but will allow to set clocks when you want it instead of when you run full screen 3D application.

4. This should work even if you didn't disable ATI HotKey poller! And clocks will not resets by that service in 3D games

5. With this method clocks will not resets when you play any video files (checked on my 1800XT, no more resets) :)

6. More stable overclocking. Catalyst know HOW to do overclock job better that any other utils :)

________

I hope this method will work without problems, but there are some disadvantages:

1. It seems that this method can be used only on video boards with Overdrive support (I will check it with non Overdrive board 1600Pro)

2. The step in MHz will be higher than in Low Level ( about 6MHz)

[F] Fixed Old I2C Method to be compatible with X1xxx boards in memory voltage control procedure

I uninstalled the last version of ATT deleting profiles and settings and reinstalled the latest release. Still doesn't work but if you uncheck that option during setup you can adjust the memory voltage again. Gonna check out how overdrive 3 works and I'm really looking foward to the next release.