DFI NF4 Ultra-D Heatsinks

endlesszeal

Well Ill be upgrading my chipset fan with the Thermalright SLi version. The stock cooler is way too loud. I was going to go with the Evercool, but I decided I wanted a totally slient computer or near to it and I wont have to ever replace unlike a fan.

My cpu is around 39C idle and 45C load with a stock 3000+ Venice core with stock voltage running at 2.4 ghz. But it does get loud when I rip or game and ambient is probably around 85F (CA heat).

Anyway, here are my 3 choices. Pretty limited budget. Around $30.

1) Arctic Freezer Pro64 $23 shipped (provantage)

2) Thermalright Ultra-90 $28 shipped with free fan (jab-tech)

3) Thermalright Xp-90 plus fan probably around $35 (svc?)

If I go route 3, I will have to put it off because even $30 is pushing it. Im not going to overclock more than it is already. And I have pretty decent case flow with 120mm intake, 120mm exhaust, 80 mm side intake and an OCZ modstream psu. I also don't feel comfortable enough lapping the freezer pro.

If i get the freezer and mount it so that it blows out the 120 exhaust, is this the best solution? Also, with the Ultra-90, I would have to get a $5 S-bracket to mount it so it blows out the exhaust too.

Anyway, inputs would be greatly appericated.

Wow, with 40 views, no one has any suggestions?

I was leaning towards the Thermalright Ultra because it was positioned so I had the option of pointing the exhaust right out of the case. Very fortunate since I dont need the S-bracket anymore. My major concern is if i was going to be able to add another 120mm exhaust fan in the rear of the case near the heatsink since there isnt one as of the moment. I had 2 80mm but too loud so i took it out. But i can always mount the fan outside the case? The Ultra does twist a little so maybe I can manuveur it.

Last but not least, cost. I found out that the Thermalright Ultra would cost around 30 shipped and the Freezer 64 would be 21. Both seem to get good reviews, but which one would put less stress on the board and provide better cooling to other components besides the XP? The Ultra is lighter, but taller it seems thus creating more torque on the board. But the Freezer is heavier but seems to have a better center of gravity.

Im very undecided. The Ultra would be paired with a Panaflo with 47cfm and 30dB rating. How does that compare to the 64 Pro? I Know it is subjective, but everything else is passive or will be except 2 120mm case fans (intake, exhaust)

Well let me know.

68cfm fan

Here you go and I was wrong it's a 68cfm fan and it's been used on all my 3g's ocdb entries with the xp-90. I would not recommend plugging it into the motherboard header's because of its power draw though.

Edit-Missed the part about wanting a silent system this fan is not loud like a tornado but it is far from silent.

68cfm fan

Here you go and I was wrong it's a 68cfm fan and it's been used on all my 3g's ocdb entries with the xp-90. I would not recommend plugging it into the motherboard header's because of its power draw though.

Edit-Missed the part about wanting a silent system this fan is not loud like a tornado but it is far from silent.

well that fan is 43dba and 68cfm I figured it would be worth it but my current Vantec tornado has 119cfm and is 55.6dba much of a difference in sound? I only run the 119cfm on half way for intense and 1/4 for leisure thats why I ask.