Sign in to follow this  
General Septem

NF4 users - Have you changed your NB cooler yet?

104 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, and don't intend to.
    • No, and do intend to.
    • Yes, I replaced it with the VC-RE.
    • Yes, my chipset is watercooled.
    • Yes, I replaced it with the HR-05/HR-05-SLI.
    • Yes, I replaced it with another cooling device (post in thread).

I replaced mine with the smaller Zalman 32K, wrongly thinking I could get it to fit....

I had to move the Gfx card to the lower slot which is no big thing, prime reason was to remove the small fan on the std cooler and reduce noise, my AMG1000 case is poor in that respect, however I still need to run the case fans over 50% to get enough airflow or its 55C on the Nf4 @ anything above 10% load after 10mins and an ambient of 20C plus.

I have a NBF47 to fit and a TT Big Thypoon going in next rebuild, but failing that a HR-05-Sli will be ordered when they hit the UK at reasonable prices.

LP

Replaced it with a modified Vantec Iceberq 4, with the blue plastic shroud removed. My video card was hitting it and making it tilt with the shroud when I inserted/removed the card, making the chipset die chip a little bit :(.

I replaced the NB heatsink & fan on my "Vendetta" with a Vantec copper CCB-A1C.

I did this because the board developed polygon breakup and was running hotter then what I considered acceptable on the NB, I never even tried to OC this board as the high NB temp always had me worried.

Turns out I was right, as the board died shortly thereafter, and even changing the NB cooler could not solve the problem.

I have tested all the components in a friends system (DFI Infinity) so I am positive that the motherboard has died. Its a real shame too, as except for the NB cooler, I really like this motherboard.

Damn, this thing gets louder every day. >_<

I'm changing it soon. There's a somewhat local store that sells it which is good since it's a little bit of a hassle to order things online. I'm just glad the thing's not on full speed all the time.

Still got the stock cooler, with a 90mm sunnon helping out a bit......

I forgot to replace the stock TIM with some AS5, whats under there?????

That crappy pink junk or real TIM????

Guest mori-kun

For all those in the uk that want a hr-05 sli look here

Im going to replace mine with a vc-re when i attempt the sli mod, got it here ready and waiting xD got to lapp it first though xD