Big problem, need help please!

I just tested my rig with a friend's PSU, a 500W one. Nothing changed, still no boot! I tried to boot with one memory stick in the top orange slot, no HD or DVDRW just the graphic card. No luck, still nothing!

What model of PSU was the 500W. You'll really have to try one off the recommended list to be certain...

RE: BIOS, this is kind of what i was saying... When you boot the system with it undervolted like that, it may have written to the BIOS in such a manner that it has totally messed up and you need a replacement BIOS chip. I don't know if this is your problem - but it sure isn't sounding good...

It is still accessing the CMOS part of it though - which is updated everytime you boot. This is still a write, no? If your CPU wasn't stable due to undervolting, it's hard to say exactly what this might do... I'm assuming it is basically the same situation as when you're overclocking - you can mess it up so badly that you need a new chip to get back to square one...

P.S. You didn't answer the PSU question? Was it reputable (ie. one off the list) - or just a random 500W model?

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get back with the latest news on the subject. I got my board RMA-ed and it was exchanged with another by my retailer. It's probably not a new board cause it's a little dusty on the chipset fan, but it works.

As I got home it, I set it up and it booted right away with no problems whatsoever. So.... finally this prooves that it wasn't a PSU problem, but more likely, a bios corruption due to undervolting.

Needless to say, I will not atempt undervolting ever again! It's really a stupid thing to do.