Lonnng beep and no boot

Oh great. Just when I get rid of all the problems I was having with my rig, this crap starts up. I was just playing counterstrike and I had myself a crash. The computer rebooted but instead of the normal, short beep, there was a long beep. It keeps happening now and I can't boot. The beep is like double the length of the normal one and then is followed by a shorter beep and no video.

I watched the diagnostic LEDs and it starts with 3, then goes down to 2, then to 1 then that weird beep happens and it hangs with the screen blank. What should I do :(

Did you try a CMOS clear like this. Leave the battery in.

How to read the LED’s

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System

Try 1 stick of memory at a time in the orange slot closet to the edge.

Then try a different video card.

Ok I tried both of my single sticks of ram in each of the 2 orange slots and I'm getting nothing. It will do a long beep and then there will be a pause and a few seconds later it will beep again, and again and so on.

I don't have any PCI express cards laying around, this is the only one I own.

Straight from the Expert Motherboards manual

POST Beep:

There are two kinds of beep codes in the BIOS. One code indicates

that a video error has occured and the BIOS cannot initialize the

video screen to display any additional information. This beep code

consists of a single long beep followed by three short beeps. The

other code indicates that a DRAM error has occured. This beep

code consists of a single long beep.

Ok and heres something I just noticed. I'm not sure if its normal or what but theres a golden dot in the corner of my BIOS chip on my board. I took a picture with my crappy digital camera. Is that supposed to be there?

bioschipzg6.jpg :confused:

There is a golden dot, and some got a red dot. Dunno what they mean.

Ok I listened very carefully and it sounded like a long beep and then a very rapid sequence of 3 so that must mean a video error. I had the card plugged in and everything but I pushed on it firmly to see if it may have gotten dislodged or something and checked to make sure the PCIe power lead was in correctly. I honestly didn't see anything out of place but I'll be damned if it didn't boot.

Right now its running chkdsk so I don't know if everything is alright or not, I think I've been through this step once before.

I didn't know if I had seen the dot before so I didn't know if it was a painted on dot or if the chip had burned out or something.

I'm crossing my fingers everything is okay with this board. I'll keep yall posted. Thanks so much to tasr for that info. I think my Expert is hell-bent on giving me an anurism one of these days :(

I believe the dot is a form of orientation for the chip.

Don’t mess with the dots. hehehe....:D

Well, yeah, there is usually a dot/notch to say pin 1 starts here, but I don't know what the color differences mean.

Maybe yellowish was done by Happy, and red was done by Angry? :D