3700 sandie temps

carholmes

Just today I got a new cpu, its a 3700 sandie stepping KACAE 0604MPMW. My old cpu (as you can see in my sig) is a 3200 venice. I noticed that my temps are higher. I have a Thermalright XP-90C with a Thermaltake A2017 78cfm fan and as5. My oc'ed 3200 ran 26-29 C idle and 38-41 C load, my 3700 at 3 ghz and 1.55v runs 35-38 C idle and around 48-54C. I know those load temps are dangerously high. I also know the voltage is a bit high, its because I haven't yet played around with the voltages, just the clock speeds. I have reseated my heatsink twice both times i cleaned the cpu and heatsink and reaplyed as5.

I didn't know sandies ran that hot, or am I just missing something?

I've had a similar problem. I upgraded to a topless 3700 Toledo core from a 3000 venice. Same voltage, higher clocks, much higher temps. I'm idling just under 40 and loads go up to about 47 (when my Zalman kicks into full speed).

Meh, I guess I'll just live with it 'till I pick up a cheap 3800 X2 or something

I just got my 3700+ SD yesterday, and I haven't OC'd it yet, but I am running the Artic Cool Freezer 64 Pro, and it dropped my idle temps from 38c with stock HSF to 25c, and under load (Super Pi, Prime 95, and 3DMark 05) it only got to 34c. I'll start OC'ing as soon as I get some time.

i currently have my sandy clocked to 2600 with 1.4v and it is idle at 34c room temp 26c and load mid to high 40's,and any cpu clocked at 3ghz+ with that much voltage will run hot lol unless you have soemthing besides air to cool it such as water or phase change.

I just passed p95 12hrs on 11x275 on 1.525. Temps decreased a bit, but it still was running a bit warm so I opened up my windows (its about 60-65f in chicago) and that helped alot. My temps are 30-33 idle and around 41-43 load, which is a much more comfortable temp range for me.