do i really need a gaming computer?

fartonmyear

what are quads?

Depends on what you mean? That could be slang, or it could be Quad core cpu/gpu/quad channel memory...and so on

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's like this...

When I did my 1st real pc it was when the FX5500 just came out by the time I got most of the parts they released the 5700ultra...so I bought one..

Funny thing is I dont game...atleast not enough to use the card...I spent good money to build 2 identical NF2 rigs... and havent gamed with either one...

well all I do is surf and spend my life here...cuz I'm hooked...

Right now I am sitting in my workshop (basement/dungeon) with builds all around me...

On a NF2 rig now and 4-NF4's next to me...3 of those are DFI rigs...

sure it's a habbit forming hobby...but I'm at home...If I wasnt into PC's...I probably be spending all my money either at the speed shop, race track or some bar somewhere...

This is my safest hobby and I am home with the family...face it... you just cant support a full time crack habit if you love building pc's..;)

*Disclaimer*....I dont do drugs...of any sort and nor do I endorse any such recreational activities....live at your own risk...breath if you must...

You could always cultivate a gaming habit. Which is what I am in the process of trying to do. The problem is, I end up playing 10 year old games which don't exactly have major power requirements :) I am working my way up to present day though.

I think it's safe to say that many of us don't "need" the rigs we have, but the enthusiast is hardly concerned with needs. If money wasn't an obstacle, I'd have spent tens of thousands by now on various rigs...it's all about seeing what you can do and how far you can go with the technology.

Hobbies can be expensive, but like the others stated, there are far more exorbitant endeavors.

Lastly, computer enthusiasts are a select group who speak their own language and have their own culture. We're on the cutting edge of technology...we're playing with things that most people take for granted and know little about...so count yourself fortunate that you have the means to endulge in such a interesting hobby.

You could always cultivate a gaming habit. Which is what I am in the process of trying to do. The problem is, I end up playing 10 year old games which don't exactly have major power requirements :) I am working my way up to present day though.

lego starwars was nice :)

More like Subspace (obscure game from 1996~) and Angband (obscure ASCII graphics game which is a variant of a 1990~ game).

But hey, I've been changing my ways, I recently finished a game from 1998~ and will in about 2 weeks start on a 2000~ game :)

Actually, if there was someone willing to buy my computer, I'd sell it just so that I could have the experience of building another one (with a DFI board of course). But it's not very likely there happens to be anyone local who would be willing to buy it.

I got in to computers because ive always liked technology, gaming (sega mega drive set me off) and tweeking my things untill they are just right for me. A custom pc is the perfect combonation of all three.

Hobbies always involve unnecessary expenditures, unless you just like walking in local parks. :)

Until you decide you need the £1000 pair of custom made shoes for the extreme walking experience.

This is like the one I have:

Yfz.jpg

Basically a four-wheeler made for racing (has good suspension and weighs only 350 pounds, 2WD)

My god does your daddy spoil you.

When I was 16 all I had to ride was a Honda XL250, and that's up here in rugged-butt Canada! :P