do i really need a gaming computer?

fartonmyear

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you would be satisfied with a HP Pavillion after comeing from you're current set up go for it! But I am sure that after finding that you had a solid and stable system which met up to you're expectations you would be less then enchanted with anything else and we would be seeing you sooner than later after you find that unless you purchase a Falcon NW or Voodoo PC and spend even more to get the same anything else just wont cut it!

on my walk home i was thinking about why i spend so much money on a computer. i rarely play games. so why do i need all this? i'm seriously thinking about selling it all.

You know, the same can be said about everything in life...cars, bikes, trains, whatever.

In the end, it is up to you, and only you know what is best for you.

So sell it.

Or not.

:angel:

I agree with the others. Only you can decide if you need the rig that you are using.

In my humble opinion, however, you won't get enough for what you have to justify selling it. Simply run a search and see how prices have dropped on X2's. My X2 4800+ has dropped to 50% of what I paid 6 months ago. Oh, well!

Good luck on your decision!

Hobbies always involve unnecessary expenditures, unless you just like walking in local parks. :)

It sure is expensive, and thats one reason I stepped back a bit on my video card, I just don't play enough games at the moment to justify anything more.

For the same reason that I have a fast arse computer but surf the web 95% of the time...

You love the experience and tweaking with your machine :)

Computers aren't that expensive when you consider my other hobbys (quads and cars) or doing something like collecting artwork, etc.