too easy?

godlyatheist

I just OC'ed my rig. The proc stepping is LDBHE 0537XPMW. It hit 2.4ghz (240X10) with stock vcore (1.328 according to CPU-Z) and the ram ran at 3-4-4-8 @240mhz 2.6V. Dual prime runs wonderfully for long long time(7 hours and still going). I thought OC'ing was hard but this only took me like 8 hours to set it up. Everthing is on default except the speed and multi. Temps are fine at 27/35. Does this mean I got good proc and ram or i missed something???

I got mine to O/C from 1.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz pretty easily, but beyond that it gets pretty tricky. Granted, it's single core, but it seems like most will get a range pretty easily, but beyond that it takes more work and testing to get a higher, stable one out of it.

It usually is that easy at a moderate overcock. It's when you reach the point that the processor is giving everything it's got that it starts taking time. Trying to balance max processor speed with voltage and stability is when it starts getting involved. Then when you see where the ram is going to run you adjust the timings for max read/write speeds and lowest possible latency to bring everything together for 100% stability. It's at this point a person can spend days or weeks making adjustments.