Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjaxx

I can never get a CPU with outstanding O/C potential

250? Where do you buy your RAM? I picked up my Gskill from New Egg for 180.00.

You won't buy a pair of HZ sticks for that now if you can even find it.

I'm wondering, did you ever try dropping the CPU multi, and upping the FSB?

I did that on my Opteron 175, which wouldn't hit 2.6 with the x11 multi (It's a crappy CCBWE 0543), but I got it to windows at that, with a x9 multi...

That dam chip would only do 2.4ghz on stock vcore, and that was it. Never would do anything more, no matter the volts. Maybe I should go play with it some more. It's in my SLI system now...Which I hardly use.

$158 -- newegg:)

If NewEgg has HZ sets in stock today at that price you better grab 15-20 sets minimum. I haven't looked but I doubt they even have them listed anymore.

No...they are out.

Why would they stop making regular DDR? I would say that there is much more of a demand for DDR memory than AGP cards and they still make them.

Yes, I dropped the multipler and and I get the exact same, actually 6 MHz slower, overclock with the 10x as I do with 11x. 9x is just to low. I'd have to do 301 just to be where I am now. 270x10=stable 271x10=puke. 246x11=stable 247x11=puke.

Guest Timmay

Very interesting, I picked up a 4400 yesterday, and it does around 2.4GHz on 1.38v.

And 2.6 on around 1.48-9v. I don't have exact numbers as I only played with the chip for 20 minutes. It also - according to Core Temp - is a 65w version but the box doesn't mention anything about it.

Stepping is CCBWE 0608 xxxx

It's official.....2706 is as high this 4400 is going. I played around with all of the secondary memory settings setting them all as loose as possible and even set the main to 3-5-5-10 and it won't pass Pi32m. I think I did get 2740 by running the memory at 166, but I don't think the 30MHz CPU speed will compensate for that memory loss.

I really think that I should just keep cranking up the V-Core until it fry's. It would be an excuse to buy a Core2. Can't get a Core2 until an SLI board comes out that will do more than a 300 FSB. That's only like a 300MHz o/c.