Sign in to follow this  
JDMJOSH

Did some maintenace on the WC, no boot now

having a problem similar to this guy :http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64821

did some light maintenance on the WC, cut a new length of hose and attached (old one was a tad too short and nearly falling off). Motherboard was not removed, just the video card to get at the tubing more easily. Stitched it back up and power on, post took a lot longer than usual, but a black screen when booting into windows. hmmmm. reset, and now no post. Initially it will halt on 3 leds, I reset and then it halts on 2 leds. thats the way it sits now.

Im thinking there is a small spill somewhere I cant see that it causing the problem? Im doing an overnight cmos clear (give it some time to dry also) and hoping for the best in the morning. I tried re-seating the video card to no avail and it looks pretty air tight as far as leaks go. any ideas???

To check for small leaks... well do you have UV reactive liquid in the water set up? If so, grab a black light and shine it inside the case. You'll be amazed at the little drops, if there is any, will show up as "nice" icon6.gif bright puddles eeksign.gif. I have found them in between my video card and it's heatsink before this way. I would have never have seen the drops without the light. My coolant was REALLY UV reactive though...

Well I just powered on this morning, at first there was no boot, then I resetted a few times and it posted. Same problem with windows not loading, ok I think its corrupted and I must re-install. Setup stalls out at "Setup is loading Windows" hmmm thats never happened before. While Im trying to figure that one out the computer turns off and shuts itself off out of the blue. It will power back on but with 4 leds. I noticed before it did that the 12v rail in the bios was reading real low like 11.88v. Im thinking the PSU has taken a crap? im lost here

Make sure you have waterflow and that the pump is working enough fluid in the system. Might well be air in the system. Clear CMOS too if that doesnt fix the issue or if you just want to be safe- less heat to mess things up as you troubleshoot.