Suggestions requested for a new video card

Kaxx

Hey guys, I'm thinking of uprading my video card within the next month or so and would like any suggestions you have since I don't know much about them. I'm going to mod my board to SLI later on down the road, so I'd like something compatible with that. For now I'm just buying a single card. I'd also like to play some of the newer games that are out.

Something in the $150 range would be ideal, but if it costs more and is worth the extra price then I'd consider that as well.

For $150 an EVGA 7600GT is the best, but if you're willing to go up to $200 you can get a 7900GS.

What resolution are you going to be playing at?

Ahhh, I don't really know much about gaming resolution, I'm not much of a gamer but with winter on it's way............I'm sure I'll find something that will entice me. Anyone got any suggestions for a good game??

I've just got a CRT 19" monitor right now so prolly nothing too extreme as far as resolution goes. Is the 7900 worth the $200, sounds pretty good, where you see those at??

Edit: you mean these?: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=326051

Yep, that's the one. Google for some reviews, you'll be pretty impressed

If you plan on keeping the CRT the 7600GT is good for now but in a few months it may not be, so the 7900GS is probably worth it.

Yeah, I'll prolly go with that one and maybe in a few months when I go SLI that card will be cheaper......

Thanks!!

7600gt or 7900gs would be good choices in that price range the GS with you can go that much.Best bang for your buck would be 2 of these for less than 230.00 for both http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814143049

Wish these were $230 without rebates, I'd be better of with 2 of these for only $30 more than 1 7900 I'm sure....but I hate waiting on rebates. And then I'd need a new PSU which I can't afford right now anyway.