Sign in to follow this  
1234Benni

No VGA detection in lanparty SLI-D

Hallo!

I bought a DFI lanparty UT nF4 SLI-D by ebay and I am wondering if the board is broken or not.

First I made a CMOS reset, installed the CPU, Memory and at last the PCI-e gfx card. I turned on the computer but there was no POST. I tried both PCI-e 16x ports and even a PCI gfx card in both PCI ports. But there was nothing to see on the monitor.

The diagnostic LEDs remained with the VGA detection LED (most left) on and one beep occured.

Is the board broken or am I to stupid to set a the DFI board?

Thanks in advance for your answers, Benni

...let alone with an eVGA 7800GT that REQUIRES a minimum 450W just to work properly....

LOL, where did you get this information? Even Nvidia recommands a 350W PSU for a 7800GTX and the GTX-Chip needs more power than a GT.

Where i got the information?!

Directly from Nvidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7800_faq.html

Look under: Q: What power supply does it require?

My advice:

Activate the Sli-Mode and then look if the card works in one of the PCI-E ports.

Greetz

Ollek

DFI Recommends a Minimum 480Watt PSU for adaquate power to the system. That's straight from the horses mouth, and a 380Watt Powersupply more than likely isn't gonna cut it.

It's irrelevant what the recommended minimum power requirements are for the 7800. In it's current configuration the system is underpowered for any graphics card.

LOL, where did you get this information?

Look under: Q: What power supply does it require?

Where did I get it? From the manufacturer of the card that's the one who designed the card...because the manufacturers of the cards sometimes overclock the cards not following nvidia's reference..........but I'm sure you know that don't you?

here's the info on eVGA own website....feel free to check it out...

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?...18-AX&family=22

Performance

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

470 MHz GPU

20 Pixel Pipelines

400 MHz RAMDAC

Memory

256 MB, 256 bit DDR3

1100 MHz (effective)

35.2 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

Interface

PCI-E 16X

DVI-I, DVI-I, VIVO

SLI Capable

Resolution & Refresh

240 Hz Max Refresh Rate

2048 x 1536 x 32bit x 85 Hz Max Analog

2560 x 1600 and 1600 x 1200 Max Digital

Requirements

Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amp Amps.)

An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)

So you think all that my problem is a weak PSU. But shoudn't I get into the BIOS with no drives attached, no additional cards installed and a PCI (NOT PCI-E !!!) GFX card?

I even tried a different PCI-E gfx card which don't need an additional plug from the PSU, but in all cases, the system stopped at VGA detection.

Your components need to meet the minimum requirements before you can troubleshoot your current problem. Having a known good, compatible psu from the recommended list will be the only way to know the power supply is not the source of the problem.