Sign in to follow this  
Kaxx

Problems with 3D Mark '06

I've just benched 3D Mark 03, and 05 with no problems. But for some reason, when I try to run '06 my display shuts down (i left it like that for almost a minute) until I hit the Alt+Tab keys. When it comes back up, it says display changed. I click OK, then I have to start over again. I'm thinking it is a direct X problem, but I supposedly installed the newest version of it when it prompted me to during installation of 3D Mark '06. I've tried shutting my PC down and restarting it with no success.....any ideas?? I really don't want to mess with reinstalling direct X if I don't have to........but maybe I should???????

Might as well install the latest drivers for your video card, and it probably wouldn't hurt to reinstall directx too.

OK, I just installed the new drivers, installed direct X, and even reinstalled 3dmark06. Still getting the same problems..............

PSU: Sunbeam NUUO 550

That's your problem I think.

EDIT: Alright, it's not the worst PSU ever, and your rig isn't a power hungry mother so it's not a bad choice. However, your troubles sound power related.

I just started to have this exact same problem as well. 3dmark05 runs just fine but 06 always

freezes the display after a few minutes. only seems to happen when I oc the video card though