Sign in to follow this  
Kengie

DFI Infinity 975X/G Coolers

Hi there,

I think I have a seriously problem with my CPU and NB as they are HOT! On idle CPU is about 50C and NB is about 50C. Then on Full Load I get about 80C for the CPU and 58C for the NB. I have tried to apply Artic Silver 5 on the CPU and NB but the temp is the same. So I was if the CNPS9500-AT would fit on the Infinity 975X/G in a GTR Case ZL02 and the GTR Power Supply GX480. And also what should I use for the NB cooler as I have a Zalman ZM-NB47F but I can't install it cuz the loop are on the opposite position. Also what are the normal working temperature for the NB and CPU? As I would like to keep my hardware expanding their MTBF. Thank you.

Regards,

Kengie

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64665

I have a Zalman ZM-NB47F but I can't install it cuz the loop are on the opposite position

same exact problem I ran into

the Thermalright works very well

Rgone says the Microcool Northpole or such works also

another simple effective cooling solution would be to just get a cheap 40mm fan and strap it (you can use bread-ties or zip ties etc) to the NB chipset sink and have it blow down over it...cools like a champ

as for cpu coolers, for air cooling I still always prefer Thermalright, though Zalmans are very good too

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64665

another simple effective cooling solution would be to just get a cheap 40mm fan and strap it (you can use bread-ties or zip ties etc) to the NB chipset sink and have it blow down over it...cools like a champ

For a clean no zip tie approach you can use some black silicone RTV and glue the fan in place. Doesn't take much and it's easily removed if the need arises. I did this with my NFII infinity's stock heatsink...

Thanks for the idea happy_games. I did this...

My north bridge temp was 60c before I added a fan. My thermalright ultra 120/fan cover my north bridge and i was unable to add a fan for it. i pulled a cpu fan off my old amd64 3700 socket 754's heatsink, which was in a drawyer after i had replaced it with a thermaltake bigwater kit. I zip tied the fans corner screw holes, one on the nb heatsink wire bracket and one onto the end of my vid card, as close to the north bridge heatsink as possible and my nb temp went from 60c to 44c idle. heres a pic of it http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/Riv...6/img000013.jpg

i use everest that sits in my tray to monitor my temps.

mobo-40c

cpu-36c

core1-43c

core2-37c

nb-44c

gpu-43c