And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

Amen, Game

Darn kiddies do not realize that this board uses the older 975X chipset. It cannot overclock as well as the 965 that is going all the mad overclocks with the E6300, E6400 chips. 975X ASUS board only manages to fare better due to 1.33Ghz strap.

I originally want to achieve a 400FSBBack when I decided to get this board. A stable 375Mhz is close enough. I still have hope that the beefer PSU and next stable BIOS update could make a stable 400Mhz FSB possible. ;)

My current system outruns the previous setup of EpoX NF4 Ultra and Opteron 165Mhz by a noticable degree. Even with my "lowly" E6300 overclock of at 2.63Ghz.

I suspect some of the quarkly behaviors that I have experience from the board is simply PSU related. A PC P&C 610 Sliencer is coming soon to verify it.

In the end, I still recommand this board in its current state for E6600 and higher overclocking.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's what Infinity hardcore users really wanted the option of the 1333fsb strap, even if it meant a reduced memory bandwidth. The dissapointment of the time was that there was no imminent LanParty, which everyone wanted. Now Nvidia has pulled it's dated chipset, which Oskar tried damn hard to make into a good board (the layout was stellar), he done a great job on the board, it's just that the chipset was not up to it. DFI has the time for an Infinity, the competition between the R600 chipset and the 975 will lie within how well Oskar can maniuplate the 975 straps in bios, if he can add some function to tweak the chipset latency and strap settings (which he is certainly capable of) we'll see a stellar board. The R600 is exciting for it's async overclocking, though at this time the memory performance is not as good as Oskar had wished. Both boards will be well recieved, the 975 chipset is tried and tested. The R600 is brand new, so we have to be patient with that and remember that it'll rely on ATI's continuing support to iron out any bugs.

regards

Raja

instead of throwing up the 3429Mhz overclock into the OC Database, I've decided to wait another hour and 10 or 15 minutes as at that time, I will have reached 8h dual-prime stable @ 3518Mhz ;)

I have to say...3500Mhz on the C2D is no joke...and I still don't think I'm done with it

gonna move it to my main rig on a dual-radiator etc and give it a real test ;)

3.5 is good, I passed eight hours of dual prime @386fsb last night, which equates to 3483ghz @ ddr963 or so in cpu-z, however 3d mark 2001 would not run at that speed. So I've had to come back to 385. I have not tried benching higher with the lower dividers yet, as I wanted to prove that ddr speeds over 960 are 'doable', on this board, especially @ cas 4-4-4-8;)

ya know...something strange just happened lol

I just pulled almost 39k in 3dMark2003 @ 3518Mhz on the cpu, 725/790 on the X1900XT (SINGLE CARD...!)

looking at last night's 3429Mhz OC DB entry that I am sitting on, at the same gpu speeds the benchmark only shows....23,760 in 3dMark2003...

I'm not sure what is going on lol, because that 03 score is very much what this rig should score with TWO X1900XT's in Crossfire (or thereabouts)

weirdo stuff man...I snapped the screen of the score, but once the rest of the OCDB tests are done @ 3518Mhz, I am going to re-run the 3dMark2003 bench again because I just don't believe that less than 100Mhz of cpu should give me more than 2x the performance in a very gpu-oriented 3dMark2003 test...

ya know...something strange just happened lol

I just pulled almost 39k in 3dMark2003 @ 3518Mhz on the cpu, 725/790 on the X1900XT (SINGLE CARD...!)

looking at last night's 3429Mhz OC DB entry that I am sitting on, at the same gpu speeds the benchmark only shows....23,760 in 3dMark2003...

Did you run the 3DMark 03 again, and the results were the same?

I wonder if anyone's done any real statistical analysis on those benchmarks. Such as running the same benchmark 10+ times to see what the range and averages are.

I suppose I can try it when I get home from work in a week or so.

Did you run the 3DMark 03 again, and the results were the same?

I wonder if anyone's done any real statistical analysis on those benchmarks. Such as running the same benchmark 10+ times to see what the range and averages are.

I suppose I can try it when I get home from work in a week or so.

I've ran those 3dmark benchmarks about 1,000 times each version and have never seen such a thing before (single card scoring like 2x cards)

I'm also having issues with Everest, and it has to do with the board/cpu not the overclock (it will do one test like Memory Read and then spit out zeroes for all the other tests...)