And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

I don't have exact details, but from what I just asked Jacky, it will be the Lanparty 975X/E made by the illustrious Oskar Wu ;)

ps: 3225Mhz @ 74C on Thermalright SI-120 air cooling lol...got to keep it cool!

What is the temperature threshold of these chips? If I saw my Opty 170 at those temps I'd be pulling the plug out of the back of my system.

How much would water cooling bring down the temps on these bad boys?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H/A_G, man you is the pants...I ain't laughed so freeken hard in months man...Strange how a good dose of the 'real' can be bring me to such floor wallowing, eye watering laughter.

Best d*mn read I think i have ever seen. Or maybe in my memory and hale I think me memory is too d*mn slow. Oh crap there I go again wanting faster shett.

2400mhz to 3000mhz is...is...oh yeah... is 600mhz overspeeding. 2400/600 is...is...oh yeah 25% overspeed. The first core2duo board to hit the streets was by Intel themselves and it was prepared to show only a 30% overclock anyway and you buzzed your narrow raton on up there by assembling the 975X/G and pushing the power button. Hale that is what I thunked you said...Hehehehee...just a shade longer than that maybe. Whatever. I did not even see your hair get mussed and you only called me one time and you wuz gone uppards. Hehehehe. Folks that is the sign of it being pretty dang simple to run 25% over for your money and the dang thing will boot from a Usb key like a champ...Yep it does.

I have 975X/G that has more dent marks in it than your trash can after a month of use and dumping in the garbage truck. But this sucker has not died yet. Not a 3 week or 3 month wonder board. But a real live freeeken board that I have done all my tech work on and it screaming at me, "please take your boot outen my arse"... Ain't happening though...

A freeeken temptress type of HO is the core2duo and products that support it. Just like a good ciggy that I am dumping the ashes off of in the tray...Man this sucker is a hooker for sure. Core2Duo hyped to the heavens and with talons for hooking the dreamer...D*mn she shorely is purty when she whips thru them benches and stuff.

She a hot HO too since when you get her breathing and I mean you breathe on her really hard she does get HOT. But as H/A_G said she is very manageable at what the majority of users to these forums will need or expect. What was that number he used? Oh the 70 freeken percentile. But you really twiddle the speed buttons and core2duo's will get hot faster than...uh...shett she will just get hot and that is why the 10 percenters are all on some super cool.

How HOT?? You out there world? You out there CPU Killer? You out there buds from 3 or 5 years gone by? This is AIRBOY talking now. Wuz known well as AIRBOY all the way back to KK266 Iwill haul major booty days. B UTT no more. Got DD cooling combined with MS red-nake insanegineering on the HO now. HO? Hehehee. Ain't felt like saying at fur sometime...Some of you will remember HOFINITY the red dressed HO and HO LAN POTTY and she was a real sugar fore shore...then GLOROKHO and a real mind-numbing 754 revelation fore shore...and suddenly we arrive back at deja vue...HOFINITY again. Dang just like ole times you see...

HOFINITY is sporting waa-waa cooling and she primO stable at 3609meglahertzskis...but me has been what....???...oh yeah...looking for more. Shhh, keep this quiet now you heah? This HOFINITY luvs dat air stuff OCZ sade is to good fur the 590DFI broad...OOops meant board. She just loves this PC6400 DFI Special stuff...Shhh quiet. Hehehehehe. Freeken temptress thang. Sumtin like 185,000 in aquafiermark3 and got her HOing in the 1M in the 14 second range and thinks wuz now down to 14 mins and change in the 32M thangie...Yep need to take me finger offen the mOe go button and get some pics editted and stuff for the data base but the finger is such a shaking, quivering, itchy thing that it has been hard for me...But I will get er' done as Larry says and let us all see soon...I will...I will...I will...saying to myself I will slow down and make the graphics suitable fur fitten in them air templates mR. H/A_G wants me too so I don't get bandaided or is it banndead or whatever he do tuh dem what caint read ratten...Hehehehe.

Shett far me gotten to go now cuz me just heered a huge bubble belch in baby's water thangy and gots tuh go see what she said....me RGone...

honestly I have no idea what I will get past 3Ghz on this board

if it is a middle-of-the-road clocker, then that is still fine with me. Heck, 3Ghz on this cpu is pretty fantabulous...it whips the snot out of every single other computer in the lab by a good amount

I'd be proud to have a 3Ghz C2D rig with a single X1900XT and 2GB RAM and these 16MB 250GB Seagate drives in RAID:

atto_c-1.gif

atto_c-2.gif

hdtach-1.gif

hdtach-2.gif

Okay...Those are the girly man easy DB entries :P Get that old crazy feller in here and have him really wet our appetites...and our OC panties :eek:

I'm completely sold on NOT going AM2 now. Having two high dollar gfx cards that are NOT ATI I'm gonna "suffer" with a single 7900gtx and an Infinity/Conroe combo...After pushing 3g's with my Opty and seeing these initial results I would be nothing but disappointed with the NF590 and a dual core (which realisticly would end up somewhere around 2.6~2.9)...I'd only be moving sideways wondering why the heck I just blew between 800 and 1k for a (possible) minor gain...

I don't think I could stomach anything under 3ghz now that that summit has been reached on a 939...surely my rig works just spiffy and has way more fire power than I'll ever need but that's not the point :) I'm a bench mark weeny (as well as an eye candy weeny in games) and want to "see" results. I think I'd wanna puke after spending 1k on AM2 with SLI "seeing" an AM3 score of 110-115ish...wouldn't you? :P

Just my after midnight silver bullet induced thoughts...:rolleyes: Iffin I weren't gonna be out of town all of next week I think I'd be hittin that "process order" button at newegg right about now :)

I like it when does it come out in hardback? I think i will use my system for 6months to a year. Hand it down to the kids. Start something new. Over time you can be sure of one thing ,change.Ps. checking other forums for info. is a good thing.