And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just finished reading the first post in the thread, lol who reads this stuff.....Me, i love it. every once in a while i sit back, role 1 up, and take a trip into Happys philosophical wonderland.This is the fifth or six I've made out alive.Every time leaving enlightened and beamed back to earth.Just saying thanks for some good reading and a few decent laughs.

And all this time, Rgone is not even bothering to do much but grunt, ash his cig in the ashtray, and then crank up the FSB on his E6700 three more FSB and reboot, trying to hit 4Ghz.

well just finished reading the first post in the thread, lol who reads this stuff.....Me, i love it. every once in a while i sit back, role 1 up, and take a trip into Happys philosophical wonderland.This is the fifth or six I've made out alive.Every time leaving enlightened and beamed back to earth.Just saying thanks for some good reading and a few decent laughs.

More than a few laughs. :D

I did the same thing....good god I must have spent a solid 6 hours trying every possible combination of EVERYTHING to hit 4GHz on mine.....

yeah let's hope the RD600 will be great at both memory and fsb performance. In theory memory speed should be unaffected by fsb on the ATI chipset. Th ATI board has lots of promise and is a new step for Conroe, hopefully something that'll keep the high fsb clockers happy. I like the digital pwm for a start, a much cleaner socket area makes it a doddle for phase..

regards

raja

I sure hope so, this 975 asus board is awful. Having my RAM stable at 1 GHz, 4-4-4-12, requires 800-1200 MHz less CPU.. it's not even stable at 890 for 3.52 GHz, with 5-5-5-15.

p5wdh is a mixed bag really, the pro's were way better..

I wonder if it's true async though as the Nvidia 980i just uses a shedload of dividers and adjusts them according to fsb, so you get upto 50mhz below your set speed..

It's not as simple as just plugging in the numbers on the 980i, people thought it's be easier than the 975, but in truth it can be more difficult. Tony has already stated people will need guides for the dram section on the ATI board...

regards

Raja

I love settings. The harder it is, the better... it means if something isn't working, I can make it right. I'd rather look inside a dead mic preamp and see tons of connections, rather than one long wire that doesn't fix the problem if it is connected or isn't. At least then I have hope that I can fix the problem, that something is soldered to ground instead of +, or that I put a 10K ohm resistor where a 50K should be.

This board has no memory subtimings. No drive strength. No nothing.

It's useless... I can't fix something when I have no tools to solve the problem. I find it easier to just plug in random numbers I think will work based on the results of others, and slowly tweak all the settings in the BIOS to memtest stability over a certain period of time. But there's nothing here.

Lanparty RD600 has been shipped to Rgone and I direct from TW

we have NDA on it so before you ask or speculate...don't. It will be deleted and you will be warned.

When we know something and can show something, we will.

until then...don't let your panties bunch up in your crack.

Guest LithoTech
... this 975 asus board is awful. Having my RAM stable at 1 GHz, 4-4-4-12, requires 800-1200 MHz less CPU.. it's not even stable at 890 for 3.52 GHz, with 5-5-5-15.

I love settings. The harder it is, the better... it means if something isn't working, I can make it right.

This board has no memory subtimings. No drive strength. No nothing.

It's useless... I can't fix something when I have no tools to solve the problem. I find it easier to just plug in random numbers I think will work based on the results of others, and slowly tweak all the settings in the BIOS to memtest stability over a certain period of time. But there's nothing here.

Are you certain it's the motherboard and not the ram? Your sig states that the ram you have sucks, so I'm just playing devil's advocate here a bit in suggesting that the problems you are encountering with stability/speed limitations might be due to the ram.

From the bios screens I've seen on the P5WDH, it looks pretty feature rich. As well, I've seen some pretty impressive overclock results from posts and DB entries by people that have that board, it truely should be the last thing that is holding you back.

I very nearly bought one of them a couple months ago, and I am glad I didn't because I do sort of like a few other boards instead now, and more coming out. All the while, the prices are slowly dropping.

I've got an A8N32-SLI Deluxe I've built that I am selling, and I do understand what you mean about missing settings, compared to my DFI it does lack all the memory stuff that should be available, but where it may lack in one area, it has numerous other stettings and features that my Ultra D doesn't have. I very much like the board, it is a beatutiful 939 board, I'd love to keep it and if it doesn't sell I probably will -- I'd like to replace my yongest's s754 system with it for xmas. :D

Guest LithoTech
...don't let your panties bunch up in your crack.

/me thinks of a few people who would rather like that idea... :eek:

I'm confused, I was discussing the ASUS, not the lanparty/infinity? :? I have no info on any new board from DFI.

Lithotech: I recently got different RAM to confirm my suspicions.. the board clocks well with RAM and CPU, it just can't do RAM well and CPU well, or even CPU well and RAM decent at the same time. Whether it's a board issue, chipset issue, or an Intel issue, I won't know until I get a new one.. one of the fun prices of being an early adopter.

Guest LithoTech
Lithotech: I recently got different RAM to confirm my suspicions.. the board clocks well with RAM and CPU, it just can't do RAM well and CPU well, or even CPU well and RAM decent at the same time. Whether it's a board issue, chipset issue, or an Intel issue, I won't know until I get a new one.. one of the fun prices of being an early adopter.

Okies, you got that base covered.

It's very enlightening info to hear, although not good news (for you or any potential buyer).

I did a hell of a lot of reading on the board when it first came out, and even more when magazines hit the shelves with article reviews etc. I've not heard of this at all. I've seen plenty of examples of users ditching other boards and getting this one in fact, and being very pleased with their change.

So while obviously this diserves more research for me, even if I don't plan on getting one for myself, I simply don't have the time at this point to do so. I wish I did, because I'd like to verify this before making statements like how maybe you have a flakey board and perhaps should RMA it -- not possible anyway because anything over stock speed is not going to be covered.

I may have missed a comment previously... have you found any other users with the same problem?

You want one of these http://www.coolerguys.com/840556021698.html but you still won't get a 15C drop. I'm not sure what it sounds like, haven't hooked it up yet. I did try one of the 92mm Tornado's once though. Plugged it in by itself to hear it because everyone said they were loud. I thought it wasn't too bad, so I hooked it up - well when I turned the system back on and had to crank the volume up just to be able to hear what was coming from my speakers, it came back out pretty quick.

Now thats pretty funny. I still have a 92mm Tornado F5. I used it for a very short time( I mean very short) with a SLK900A. No doubt about it, it move air but its loud. I am actually about to put it up on ebay, but reading this made me chuckle.

Jason

I sure hope so, this 975 asus board is awful. Having my RAM stable at 1 GHz, 4-4-4-12, requires 800-1200 MHz less CPU.. it's not even stable at 890 for 3.52 GHz, with 5-5-5-15.

Thats interesting. I have a P5B Wi Fi I am going to dump with the DFI LANPARTY UT ICFX3200 T2R/G hits the shelves. it overclocks nicely and has been rock solid.

Jason