Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

Guest LithoTech
Take a look at this page and look at the disparity in pricing...even though I paid 350.00 for my Geils two weeks ago they work flawlessly in this board right on up to their rated specs...Only 304.00 compared to the others right now.

CAS4 DDR2 1000 modules

Good stuff...

Yes indeed! Quite a diff, and interesting that the price has fallen, sign of more hopefully.

Good ram though I bet, real nice working with it pretty much worry free that it'll do anything you throw at it.

That's pretty much what I figured too, but with the higher multiplier on the E6700 it's not like I need the extra freedom on the ram...but it is nice now that I have it.

Sucked having to pay for it though. :rolleyes:

Guest LithoTech
Ive said it a million times, the Corsair RAM Ive got is Awesome, DDR2-675 @ 928MHz. I couldnt ask for more out of $168 RAM that I bought not even 2 months ago from NewEgg.

I consider myself lucky because there isnt any way I would pay for 2GB of RAM at these prices. :)

No idea where you can get 2GB for under $200, but if you can, jump on it before it jumps even higher!

Aye, sweet deal on some sweet ram. Newegg $260 now, or $220 after a MIR, or $295 and $250 CDN, not bad at all.

That module is the number one seller in the top ten list of ram in PC2-5400 listings at ncix, currently at $358. Bit of a difference there!

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...facture=CORSAIR

Could be a tarrif or duty if the part was made in Asia as opposed to USA and Free Trade agreement.

Be a while till we see 1gb sticks at around $100 per in our parts again, it was there for some value ram before the prices hiked. I think I paid just over $200 for my ocz gold pc4000, that after a MIR.

I bought a 1gb stick of Patriot DDR2-533 for $115 right at the crux of all this, say early or mid september. And got some Mushkin EM2 PC2-5300 1GB kits for $130 per kit. Haven't bought any ram since, getting by with spares and picked up some good used stuff. I've got a performance build coming up soon, and several budget builds in progress. I'm basically out of ram now, doing some testing with my personal collection.

The word was that it should turn around for DDR2 at or near the end of October, but no word on DDR1 except that it is being phased out and should remain in short supply.

That was a pretty good read. I'm really starting to get the upgrade bug again. Think I'll wait and see what the DFI/ATI RD600 board can do before I buy anything. Mate that with an e6600 and an R600 card and I'll be good to go for a few more years. :-)

Just wanted to drop in and say I made the switch from AMD to Intel, and... I am in LOVE. everything just feels so crisp at 3.25GHz on my E6600.

And I have a question for more knowledgable Intel folk.... there is going to soon be an E6_50 line with a 1333 FSB... what does that mean for us?

Just wanted to drop in and say I made the switch from AMD to Intel, and... I am in LOVE. everything just feels so crisp at 3.25GHz on my E6600.

And I have a question for more knowledgable Intel folk.... there is going to soon be an E6_50 line with a 1333 FSB... what does that mean for us?

It probably means more flexibility in overclocking due to current limitations...of which I have very little understanding :) Just be happy with the current crop we have to play with and know that we have a rockin' system at our disposal, the likes of which we have never seen...

Yup, I agree with that OldGuy, I am having more fun with this E6600 than I ever did with a bunch of AMD procs ... I am excited to see what that ATI RD600 DFI Lanparty board will do for my Connie ... :rolleyes:

Just an example of what happens at certain bus speeds and how the "strap" effects memory performance.

400X8 memory 1:1

example400x8mh8.th.jpg

416X8 memory 1:1

example416x8lx2.th.jpg

An article by OCZ Tony explains all of this. Just thought I'd show my own results from the P5B and note thet the Infinity 975X/G has not exhibited this behavior. But then again they haven't made it a FSB monster and tweaked the strap. When we hit our wall, we hit our wall and that's that. With the Asus you have to really crank up the buss speed to get the memory back up...hopefully the RD600 will have a better implementation of strap manipulation...

yeah let's hope the RD600 will be great at both memory and fsb performance. In theory memory speed should be unaffected by fsb on the ATI chipset. Th ATI board has lots of promise and is a new step for Conroe, hopefully something that'll keep the high fsb clockers happy. I like the digital pwm for a start, a much cleaner socket area makes it a doddle for phase..

regards

raja

Hey Travis,

Bump bump........... how is the new cooling going.............. bump bump

bump

bump

bye now..

I've shipped off the Vigor Gaming Monsoon II for LGA775 to Rgone and letting him play with it for a while as I honestly just do not have time to test it at this moment (not to mention I only have a single core2 cpu at the moment which is in use full time).

Rgone should post here soon with some prelim results ;)

pssst...hey all you bozos who donated to us poor monkies...

I think I got some stuff to give away to ya ;)

it wont be a core2 cpu since I still only have the one you boys donated money for...

but

I got a few things laying around that I just don't really need no more (like an NF4 DAGF motherboard for starters) and I thought a couple prize giveaways ONLY for those who donated might be a good way to let you know that Robert and I TRULY appreciated the donations

(and that we haven't forgotten you!)