And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only an ES eh?? bummer........will you be able to post results or will it be a hush hush throw us some teasers kinda deal?

they finally wised up and decided to send Rgone and I engineering boards so we could provide feedback before it goes into full production....

they finally wised up and decided to send Rgone and I engineering boards so we could provide feedback before it goes into full production....

You gonna try 3 X1900s in that sucker? :D

Anyways I agree raja, I really wish I hadn't spent the extra for this processor considering everybody seems to be doing just as well with the E6600. Ah well, thats what I get for being one of the first, wouldn't have it any other way. :)

good stuff it's about time, I'm pushing DFI europe for a retail board which I will pay for at launch, just to help you guys get some more angles on the bios functions and maybe help out where I can. Pre-production support is where the action lies, any discrepencies in start up issues bog the boards launch, so they need good users at that time for feedback and I'm glad they chose you 2.

regards

Raja

Guest LithoTech
... I really wish I hadn't spent the extra for this processor considering everybody seems to be doing just as well with the E6600. Ah well, thats what I get for being one of the first, wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Nuh-uh my friend, that extra multi may come in very handy if/when that chip gets passed down or sold into another system that may be even more limited in the FSB, or not overclocked at all.

I'm thinking the same way about the E6600 instead of a E6300 or E6400. Stock out of the box it beats an FX62, something the other two won't do.

Stock out of the box it beats an FX62, something the other two won't do

actually they will when you add in the price vs performance comparison

the E6300 and E6400 are quite close the FX-62 in raw performance and cost...how many hundreds of dollars less?

Consider then overclocking either of these chips EASILY to the FX-62's stock speed, and see just how well they do vs the FX-62 and it makes the choice a no-brainer honestly.

This is doing my head in.

Most people, who know me, know that I love AMD CPU’s as if it were my own hart. Well due to Angry posting all of this crap about C2D's and trying to reason with me that AMD now suck compared to C2D’s etc... (our lovely convocations on MSN) My Brain suddenly thought of something, why do you always get the best pc's and the best configuration out of them all the time? I am really annoyed that you get to have this configuration and normal people do not.

Well news for you, I have had enough!!!!! (Sorry AMD. Ill be back!!!)

I am now going to get off my dam but and buy the exact configuration of your machine RIGHT NOW!!! (The case still needs to be decided about) Then I will configure it the same way that you have it.

Then there will be 3 people out there that have a supper dopper machine. lol Nothing will get in my way.

Guest LithoTech
actually they will when you add in the price vs performance comparison

the E6300 and E6400 are quite close the FX-62 in raw performance and cost...how many hundreds of dollars less?

Consider then overclocking either of these chips EASILY to the FX-62's stock speed, and see just how well they do vs the FX-62 and it makes the choice a no-brainer honestly.

Very good point. The largest disparity being the motherboard lineup for each, with AMD having more options and perhaps lower cost due to larger manufacturing runs and what I think must be lower chipset royalty costs, but conroe boards are quickly catching up with new boards appearing almost daily or weekly now. Intel chipsets carry a bit of a premium I think, probably due to a higher royalty cost, but there are still lots of good boards in range of the mainstream's budget.

Unless one is going for one of the higher end cpu's, the highest cost in the system these days is definately Ram. The good thing is you can easily get away with a lower cost 1gig kit, and bide your time waiting for prices on the high speed low latency 2gig kits to come down out of the frick'en clouds lol! :eek:

It has been like this before, we tend to forget when we go a year or so with good ram prices. Yet I have a receipt from way back for a 486DX system that the ram would have cost $4000 for 64MB worth. I ended up living with only 8MB in that system, cost me $500 for that!