And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

Nice work OldGuy!!!

Looks like instead of a 3Ghz club for the AMD's, we are going to have to start a 4Ghz club for all you conroe guys, lmao

Keep up the good work.

Maybe in a couple months when a few come out...lol.

I don't think anybody could ever hit 4GHz on air though, so it would be pretty exclusive.

Nice work oldguy! What temps are you seeing there?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe in a couple months when a few come out...lol.

I don't think anybody could ever hit 4GHz on air though, so it would be pretty exclusive.

Nice work oldguy! What temps are you seeing there?

It's staying between 77c and 82c and tickling 83c every once in awhile. Been keeping my apartment in the low 70's which is helping keep em' down (relatively down :) )...

I think a "Club Conroe" with a minimum of 3.5ghz would be a little more realistic...we need some other folks floating around here with Conroes to start posting into the DB!!

I think a "Club Conroe" with a minimum of 3.5ghz would be a little more realistic...we need some other folks floating around here with Conroes to start posting into the DB!!

Hmm...maybe 3.75.

It has to be tough to get into and all...

Ill be posting (or attempting to) in the OCDB now that I have my SI-120 installed... gotta let the AS5 set for a few days.

Wow Happy_Games, you werent kidding... this is one amazing cooler. At idle @ 3.15GHz, Im getting 37C... thats an 12C drop from the stock cooler. :eek: Dont know about load yet... going to test that in a bit. Amazed... :D :cool:

Here's another for the books...423 X 9 3807 OCDB entry

EDIT: And it looks like this is where I'm stopping. 428 X 9 rebooted a couple of minutes into prime and I'm maxed out on the temps...So it's back down to 3.6 and some reasonable temps. Probably even lower...I think the processor has a bit more in it but some serious cooling would be in order and I also think this board is pretty well maxed on the buss speed. Hmmmm...an E6700 at 400 X 10 sounds plausible :) Still have to address the heat though...Hmmmm....Vapochill......Hmmmm......:P

Very nice... who doesnt love a 1400MHz overclock above stock? :cool:

Pat yourself on the back for that 3807... then click tbe button already and buy that Vapochill! :rolleyes: If I cant get it myself to get it to 3900 or even 4000MHz, might as well see someone else do it! :P

Give it another month or two and I'm sure my 3807 will be surpassed in the DB. It will be interesting to see what a Lanparty/Conroe combo will do. You can rest assured it will be buzzin' around here once they release it...

I believe it... cant bash the Infinity though. For DFI's first run at a Core2 motherboard, I think its holding up pretty darn well. No Lanparty board for me when its released... should probably let the ol' checking account dust settle and maybe start saving again 'cause before I know it, Im going to need about $500 for second semester books... :eek: :mad:

Here's another for the books...423 X 9 3807 OCDB entry

EDIT: And it looks like this is where I'm stopping. 428 X 9 rebooted a couple of minutes into prime and I'm maxed out on the temps...So it's back down to 3.6 and some reasonable temps. Probably even lower...I think the processor has a bit more in it but some serious cooling would be in order and I also think this board is pretty well maxed on the buss speed. Hmmmm...an E6700 at 400 X 10 sounds plausible :) Still have to address the heat though...Hmmmm....Vapochill......Hmmmm......:P

Well don man! Superb work.

You are within spitting distance of what I managed on the PRO board.

One thing I have had 2 reports of now is that using an Nvidia card on 975 boards allows a higher overclock for some reason. The first ws from an extreme overclocker friend of mine (very trustworthy like you) who was running an Asus 975 board and changed from a Nvidia gpu over to the ATI 1950, and suprisingly lost 200mhz of his max cpu speed using the same hardware (even though the 3d performance was higher with the ATI), the second evidence I have seen of this is yours. Though I can't draw any conclusions from this until more users get the same results, if they do at all.

Must state however that occasionally you can find a 975 chipset that overclocks really well in comparison to others.

Have you any Idea what chips the Geil ram you have uses? That could help out future purchasers of this board to chose ram that works in good combination apart from the GEIL...

Once again great work and a great overclock on a very competitivley priced board....

regards

Raja

the ABIT AW9D MAX is not fairing so well in my tests for overall 24/7 stability in comparison to the other available boards including the Infinity (it still provides plenty no doubt, but the market is full of competition and one HAS to be sensitive to that).

The ABit is a curious board in that you can boot up at high fsb's (this has brought high praise for the extreme user who runs benchmarks and superpi), but for guys who are still interested here, about how this all pans out, you can see how many other users are beginning to respond to my findings now that the dust is beginning to settle for overall 24/7 use.

Needs more bios refinement no doubt...

you can read after post 592 if you wish to confirm my findings here...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...=115839&page=24

regards

Raja

it is nice to see some of the XS guys willing to try for 8 hours of Orthos...something I have to say I never thought I'd see lol.

At the same time, I do feel a bit justified now when I argue my points about stability around here when I see just about everyone in that thread unable to drop 8h Orthos (dual prime) on their overclocks.

As you mentioned in that thread, different places have different requirements for what they consider stable, but I have to think that a good number of those guys agree with you (and essentially me and the Street users) about being able to run 8h Orthos is going to show a lot more stability in the long run.

I guess I feel a little high on the horse in how we've still not seen any of those 'super boards' able to pull consistently high overclocks like everyone was shouting that these new boards would...and at the same time we are starting to get some fill-up in our own OCDB...and while most will agree that 360x9 and such are not as impressive as a guy at XS blasting out 425x9, I think also most would agree that 360x9 @ our OC Database requirements is a heck of a lot more impressive than 425x9 @ less than 2 minutes of Orthos.

It ain't a "we are better than they are" ego trip, and it never has been. I respect that those guys would even try which means you must be a decent chap because most of the time they can't even be bothered with anything but the super pi + cpu-z screen...again I just feel like I called it right in how that while there might all this talk and hype about how all these other boards are better than the DFI C2D board, that's all I really see is talk and hype...nothing substantial.

You've shown us that the Asus you tested was able to hit some good numbers, but unfortunately you are the only one that was able to show it. This doesn't mean that anyone else couldn't go get the board you tested and hit the same heights, it mainly just means that no one else has, or no one else can....or possibly you got a lucky board (I choose to believe a little bit of all 3 lol).

In the meantime this strengthens my confidence in the Infinity 975X/G for the simple fact that while it's clock numbers might not be as extreme, the fact that all of the boards so far that I've seen are able to hit pretty decent overclocks (360 or higher on a 9x and 10x)...with consistency.

I still wish ya had a retail cpu but it doesn't really color the results you show to me....because i believe that all the boards currently out are just not capable of hitting those crazy high clocks.

I mean, after all, this IS first-gen....both cpu and chipsets/boards.

The first NF1's were butt...the very first NF2's were showing promise but were kinda butt compared to some of the later NF2's that could really shine like the NF7-S and the NF2 Infinity/Lanparty.

Same with teh NF3's and NF4's....first ones out of the gate were ok, but not nearly as good as the second-gen and later versions (our NF3 250 Lanparty was almost at third-gen board, but with second-gen chipsets...and I still hold to my words of it being the best, most bulletproof board we or anyone ever made....I only wish dual-core 754's were an option cuz I would still be using it!)