And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

Wish I had a chance to chip in, maybe next time for something crazy fast and new.

Damn, I'm just glad somebody else is saying its a damn Infinity, I'm VERY impressed I've hit over 380x10 mostly stable, can't wait to see what a full-fledged Lanparty can do!

And I fully agree with you - ANYBODY can hit 3 GHz with absolutely NO issues on an E6600/E6700 - even lower. The overclocking capabilities of these things (even on this 'lowly' board) are incredible.

Glad you have new toys to play with. :D

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do tend to repeat yourself, but it's still fun to read, and hope to read much 'bout it in the future!

if I don't repeat myself, readers never get "the point" and then ask really really dumb questions that I answered

so if I answer a question 3-5 times in a post, and someone asks the question AGAIN, I can just *sigh* and walk away knowing that I should have repeated myself....repeatedly...so that someone wouldn't have had to ask the question that I only stated the answer to once ;)

Guest phoenixdancer

nice work A_G. im sorry about what i said to you in a diff thread about what board you should realy get to get performance to the *1337 ExtrEmE* level lol but the DFI board is good for you or anyone tbh, i only went for the Asus P5B due to many people on My home forums *Overclock.co.uk* got the board and have reached nice speeds. im a sheep YES I KNOW!

But to make you happy and not ban me again i will tell you this... Im GOINg to get the Lanparty version of the conroe DFI Board when its relesed and shown to be good :P

happy Ocing dude

P.S: my OC is stable at 3.6ghz i will write up a OC Entry later this week cus im at college today :)

oh and i know you dunt caere but what week and revision if your conroe? mines a retail B2 week 27

nice work A_G. im sorry about what i said to you in a diff thread about what board you should realy get to get performance to the *1337 ExtrEmE* level lol but the DFI board is good for you or anyone tbh, i only went for the Asus P5B due to many people on My home forums *Overclock.co.uk* got the board and have reached nice speeds. im a sheep YES I KNOW!

But to make you happy and not ban me again i will tell you this... Im GOINg to get the Lanparty version of the conroe DFI Board when its relesed and shown to be good :P

happy Ocing dude

P.S: my OC is stable at 3.6ghz i will write up a OC Entry later this week cus im at college today :)

oh and i know you dunt caere but what week and revision if your conroe? mines a retail B2 week 27

nah I am actually looking to get myself an Asus P5B to fool around with (keep in mind my main video editing workstation is STILL the Asus P5WD2-E + Pentium D 930)

it's always good to know where the competition is strong as well as weak

my main bit of posting here was purely to let everyone know that while there are many "EXTREME" clockers out there like Rgone, they are NOT the majority of us...the overwhelming majority just want to know if they buy an E6600 and some decent RAM that they too can nail 130k in Aquamark, 46k in 3dmark2001, etc

I didn't even look at the conroe ihs for the numbers when I got it, i just wanted to start clocking the crap out of it lol

but

I am moving it over to the water-cooled test station this weekend and will drop a pic to everyone to let them know what cpu I have ;)

(ps I never like to ban anyone...you only get banned if you do something bad, but as you know, it don't mean we hold a grudge against ya ;) )

Long read, but right on the money!! I waited for 2 1/2 years to upgrade my last "big" build and the wait was worth it. I will probably buy the RD600 Lanparty after it has stabilized just for the increased crossfire performance it promises. I like this board and will enjoy OC'ing it. I definitely fit in the 60-75% who go for "average overclocks" category.

FYI, I learned one thing I didn't know reading this; you suggested reading the AMD OC'ing section for clues to all the options in bios, and I never thought to check as its "the other guys" forum :) I will be browsing it this weekend to try and understand all the unfamiliar options, straps, etc.

Thanks for all the work creating this forum!!

never thought to check as its "the other guys" forum

ah

but

it's the section with the most important information within this entire forum.

we decided to drop it in there as anyone just running stock speeds doesn't really have need to worry about any of the things covered it the OC Guide...but the OC Guide is scaled to fit any 'budget', whether you are the 60% to 75% like we are, the 10% to 15% that will never oc, or the 10% to 15% that overclocks until their fingernails burst in a spray of blood ;)

There's nothing in the OC Guide yet about 'straps' as this is a thing for Intel boards, not AMD boards...but what the OC Guide teaches you about overclocking AMD and about memory settings, will enable you to have a good understanding of all the important overclocking aspects of Intel rigs also (and we'll come up with a good OC Guide for the Conroe platform too)

Happy, I did read your post earl this morning around 1am or so. I just read it again today when I had some time. Some good stuff thats for sure.

That C2D and Infinity 975X/G is sure tempting for a new build. I’m so tempted to go for it.

My plans for the AM2 and the LP NF590 build are still a go. I am not sure if the economics makes sense in doing so. I still want to build a C2D and LP in the near future.

Which brings me to this;

If 3.6Ghz isn't fast enough for you...then you need to wait for the Lanparty version, or run off and buy yourself an Asus P5B or whatever else is out on the market that is hot hot hot for overclocking and whips the little DFI Infinity 975X/G.
I too will probable go with the DFI LanParty version for the Conroe when it comes out.

Finding any info on when the release is scarce at best. I just wish they would release some news or a bone or two. Hehehe :D O’well I am patient.

my eyes..........hurts............. need.......water...... to wash..........

*L*

ok, this david read the whole damn thing too...lol nice read, AG... i was reading DFI975's review at the web couple hours ago and it saids something about the board being "mediocre" and from the bottom of my heart i felt.....pain......... it seems like everything i see the word DFI and mediocre in the same sentence a piece of my soul just burns away......

ok maybe not that bad.....

but the point is, thank u, reading ur (long) post, it made my heart at ease abit better....

DFI FTW!