And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

Can't say anything for Travis, but mine seems to be straining much harder.

I can only speak for myself, but with this particular A**s board my FSP Epsilon 700W runs smooth and quiet. The fan doesn't seem to ever ramp up. I really like this power supply. :)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for myself, but with this particular A**s board my FSP Epsilon 700W runs smooth and quiet. The fan doesn't seem to ever ramp up. I really like this power supply. :)

Yeah it's time for a new one. Hoping one comes for my birthday in a month or so. My luck my parents'll grab me an Aspire 750 watt instead of the PC P&C I asked for. :rolleyes:

Whatever, I'd like to try another one soon though.

Happy, did you get the new Corsair HX620? I was looking at that PSU, but opted for the OCZ 700W GXStream ... it was close ... any word on the new OCZ power supplies? EvoStream or something like that? Totally modular ... :cool:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65526

at this time, the OCZ GamerXstream 600w and 700w psu's are the most recommended.

I have no doubt that this Corsair unit is good, but I've not tested it so cannot give an honest opinion of it.

The OCZ's I've tested and have one running in my main rig day in and day out and I know they are good, and so the first psu I will recommend to anyone.

All right!!!! Which one of you mofo's just bought my open box Conroe 6700 off of newegg? :) Argh!!!!!!!!! Knew I should of stopped eye ballin' it and just put it on the card I had with me and worried about the rest later....Oh well.

So what's the scoop with Rgones 6700? Is he embarrassed to post some numbers now that AG pushed his 6600 to 3.6ghz????? :P Should I even be concerned with the X9 multi on the 6600?????

So what's the scoop with Rgones 6700? Is he embarrassed to post some numbers now that AG pushed his 6600 to 3.6ghz????? :P Should I even be concerned with the X9 multi on the 6600?????

i'm not concerned at all with a 9x multiplier because 3Ghz (which is soooo easy to hit on the 6600 that if you can't get it...you stink like dirty poo mold!) is really all I need for everyday use. I loved pushing it to 3600Mhz just for kicks to show it could be done, but I don't need that.

E6600 @ 3Ghz is supa monsta badass and that's good enough for me!

FSB 334Mhz X 9 = 3Ghz

FSB 334MHz X2 = 668MHz = DDR667

So simple & so easy, yet it PWNS AMD's best!

I hope that AMD can "pull a rabbit" out of its hat!

Core 2 Quadro is shipping in November!

4-cores, that "should" OC from 2.66GHz to 3.2GHz @stock Vcore & stock cooling!

A $1K CPU, but stock FSB 333MHz X 8 = 2.66GHz

"Should" be easy OC to FSB 400MHz X 8 = 3.2GHz & FSB 400 X 2 = DDR800!

AMD is down & the reff is counting ... :(

Hey guys...i'm looking at some GeiL >> PC 8000 NewEgg link and I want to make sure the voltage on the Infinity will go up and beyond 2.4v. Of all the memory I've looked at these have the highest operating voltage I've seen.

So far the OCDB has some OCZ, Team Group, Mushkin, Buffalo and Patriot. Pretty darned diverse at the moment so I'd like to add to the diversity, get a good deal and max performance all in one shot. Just want to make sure the voltage will be supported...

My other question would be regarding the dividers. Will I be able to overclock the memory somewhat independent of the processor by using the dividers? Reason I ask is will I even see speeds approaching DDR2 1000 once I find my max cpu speed and start playing with the dividers?

Having a hard time wrapping my head around spending more on ram than the cpu at the moment...Twas oh so easy with 939 figuring what your memory would be running at :)