DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G DDR8001T special by OCZ

Now Im debating what to get! I have OCZ DDR2 1000's GEXTC on order(Sat) and it should be here this Wed. but now Im thinking these may be worth a look.

Did I make a bad choice? Would these be better then the 1000's?

Man I hate this, I feel like its a stab in the dark with all this new stuff. I can return the 1000's and get these but are they going to be just as good and be worth the time to return and reorder?

I also saw the new ATI-OCZ version(I like the red), how are they compaired to these?

Thanks!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serial Presence Detect-When a computer is booted (started), serial presence detect (SPD) is information stored in an electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) chip on a synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM) memory module that tells the basic input/output system (BIOS) the module's size, data width, speed, and voltage. The BIOS uses this information to configure the memory properly for maximum reliability and performance. If a memory module does not have SPD, the BIOS assumes the memory module's information. With some memory, this does not cause problems. But SDRAM memory has to have SPD or the computer may not boot at all. If it does boot, the assumed information may cause fatal exception errors

Before SPD, memory chips were identified with parallel presence detect (PPD). PPD used a separate PIN for each bit of information, which meant that only the speed and density of the memory module could be stored because of the limited space for pins. The EEPROM chip on an SPD memory module only requires two pins so more information can be stored.

Thank you. Great information!

Now Im debating what to get! I have OCZ DDR2 1000's GEXTC on order(Sat) and it should be here this Wed. but now Im thinking these may be worth a look.

Did I make a bad choice? Would these be better then the 1000's?

Man I hate this, I feel like its a stab in the dark with all this new stuff. I can return the 1000's and get these but are they going to be just as good and be worth the time to return and reorder?

I also saw the new ATI-OCZ version(I like the red), how are they compaired to these?

Thanks!

I would definitely take the DFI ed. ones, with 2.4EVP and those chips doing 1T you can't miss, I think DDR1200 2T is almost certain

Well they are about the same price, I just remember the whole pc3200 and 4000 deal about two yars ago. I bought pc3200 and then relized after a month that the PC4000 was better for Overclocking. I just dont want to get stuck with the lesser of the two and then in 1month relize I made the wrong choice. The way DDR2 prices are going down, I hate to think if I get the DFI6400's and then after a time I have to sell them and get the 1000 and loose my butt on selling the 6400!

I just want to get it right this time around! LOL

You get your rig setup up yet WakeUpDead? Interested to know how far the x2 5200 can clock to. My 4800 can hit about 3.14 before it hits a no POST wall. Also, I wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for the PC1000 stuff.....with corsair6400 c4, im doing 4,4,3,4 at 1040, so I think as long as you get a good OC brand you'll be fine.

Also, to be honest going 1T with these modules at 800 over 2T provided almost negligible performance increase. All I saw was about a 300 pt increase in Sandra bandwidth, and no difference in SuperPi, or 3Dmark.

Also, to be honest going 1T with these modules at 800 over 2T provided almost negligible performance increase. All I saw was about a 300 pt increase in Sandra bandwidth, and no difference in SuperPi, or 3Dmark.
-well, it's important that they can do it cause it means that they can do much more with 2T, stock doesn't matter, only max speed matters ;) and as I said before 2.4V +5% =2.51V imagine what these chips would do with all that juice :D

What kinda OC you get on your x2 4000 marauder with that ddr2 900?

if you read carefully in my sig it says: 4000+ rev.G - that means the 65nm version at 2.1GHz which is not yet out that is why it says 'December rig' in my sig, some of these parts I already have some I still didn't order so I can't help you (yet) ;)

I have yet to build it, I need to sell off the last of my old rigs, to pay for the x2 5200! I only have the H2O block for it! I also dont know if Im going to send back the 1000's and get just 6400's or these DFI 6400's. Im getting nowhere at this point. You know, I just got the hang of the DDR and all the diffrent speeds, timmings and abilitys. Now here I am starting all over, and Im lost.

I dont know what to do here, I thought that getting the 1000's will give me more head room to overclock!

Even if the 6400's will do 1100, wouldnt a good set of 1000's go much higher?

Dont the same rules for DDR apply to DDR2 also?

Are you saying that the 1000's dont run at 1T, and the 6400's do?

Should I send these Gold 1000's back and spend the same amount on the DFI6400's?

Im lost, any light you can shine on this would be helpfull, Thanks guys!

Dood your stressing out over differences in performance you wont even notice. Just stick with your ddr2 1000 that you have......they should overclock just as well if not better than the 6400. The AMD chip can't even utilize all that bandwidth for the most part. If I had to guess I would say those ddr 1000 will reach higher speeds than the 6400 ones, but nothing is guaranteed. And yes, OCZTony is saying those DFI special 6400 modules are made to run 1T at 800Mhz. He reached about 870 at 1T stable. And if you haven;t ordered that 5200 yet, I;d recommend going for the same one I have, the 4800, has the same 1mb L2 cache and costs 250 from newegg, the oem...half the price I think of the 5200. I have a feeling they will oc to about the same speeds.

if you read carefully in my sig it says: 4000+ rev.G - that means the 65nm version at 2.1GHz which is not yet out that is why it says 'December rig' in my sig, some of these parts I already have some I still didn't order so I can't help you (yet) ;)

Whats the deal with the 65nm AMDs coming out? Are they superior in performance or just efficiency?