Sign in to follow this  
raju

975 oc'ing mini guide

ive tryed sum of the stuff you said raju, dropping the cas helped but it only ganes me 100-150 MBs. again read delay, not a lot.

my broadbands been off line for the last week or so, stuped BT buggering up my towns network. thats why ive only just posted.

i'll giv the new bios uve all been talking bout a try. see what that does. might help my hot northb probs too i hope.

again cheers for the advice, oh & sorry for hogging this thread a bit.

E6600 users, I doubt that the board is the problem when you are going around 400 FSB. The CPU itself starts not be able to tolerate running at 3.4-3.6Ghz without significant overvolting. C2Ds that can overclock beyond 3.6Ghz are still rare and often require a lot of voltage and cooling.

Just flashed to the latest Beta BIOS 97TIDC15 and I am having a problem just restarting. I can boot @365FSBx9, 667 divider and then when I try to restart to go up on the FSB, it won't post. I have to clear CMOS and start over again. I am beginning to think that maybe my chipset is limited, cause everything I have tried has not let me go beyond 365FSB ... kind of stumped at the moment ... :rolleyes:

Just flashed to the latest Beta BIOS 97TIDC15 and I am having a problem just restarting. I can boot @365FSBx9, 667 divider and then when I try to restart to go up on the FSB, it won't post. I have to clear CMOS and start over again. I am beginning to think that maybe my chipset is limited, cause everything I have tried has not let me go beyond 365FSB ... kind of stumped at the moment ... :rolleyes:

May well be the case...this particular bios let me boot up beyond 430mhz but I never did get it stable at 430 X 9...orthos stable that is. Every other thing I could throw at it passed no problem.

Tried dropping the memory down to 533 or even 400?

Old Guy, you know, this particular board has me really stumped ... I have been following the threads and OC Databases for this DFI Infinity 975 motherboard ... and I can only say that I must have gotten one that where the chipset just does not want to cooperate. Plain and simple. Should I RMA and get a new one?

PS: Yes. I have tried the 533 dividers, but no, not the 400 ... but if it won't let me even post when I go up 5 MHz at either 533 or 667, what say you? It should at least BEEP at me, right?

Old Guy, you know, this particular board has me really stumped ... I have been following the threads and OC Databases for this DFI Infinity 975 motherboard ... and I can only say that I must have gotten one that where the chipset just does not want to cooperate. Plain and simple. Should I RMA and get a new one?

PS: Yes. I have tried the 533 dividers, but no, not the 400 ... but if it won't let me even post when I go up 5 MHz at either 533 or 667, what say you? It should at least BEEP at me, right?

If you can return for exchange through retailer then it's worth a shot. RMA through DFI will net you nothing as the board posts and works as it should at stock clocks. They'll just test it and send it back to you...

Im using the 11/15/2006 beta bios. It's pretty stable and no crashes(this bios version reboots instead of freezing) during battlefield 2142 or burning dvd's. I run orthos and after 10 minutes it reboots(crashes). 400x9 seems to be my most stable oc. I am really happy with my DFI infinity 975X/G board with this latest beta bios. Any advice if I should enable or disable something in my bios please say so.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/Riv...cs/000_0003.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/Riv...cs/000_0002.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/Riv...cs/000_0005.jpg

If you can return for exchange through retailer then it's worth a shot. RMA through DFI will net you nothing as the board posts and works as it should at stock clocks. They'll just test it and send it back to you...

NewEgg offers a 1 year replacement plan and I will check into that possibility next week ... who, knows? maybe I'll get one that has a northbridge chipset with room to breath ... :P

ok had to make this a sticky

raju, I sincerely apologize for not making this thing a sticky waaay back the first day I read it and then overclocked my Core2 to like 3200Mhz instantly.

You never asked for a sticky, but we all know this is damn sure sticky material, and it wasn't an ego thing...almost every day I have to look in this thread for something or as a referral to someone else, and every day I think "gah, why is this not a sticky yet since it has never fallen below the 5th post!!!???"

and every day I forget to make it a sticky

but all kinds of things are happening and as you can see the forum has changed quite a bit and these are lame excuses so shut your yak-hole mr angry ok ;)

still the sticky of choice for DFI 975X/G and Core2 ;)

thanks everyone for posting in this and adding to the knowledge (and teh OC Database!)