Sign in to follow this  
raju

975 oc'ing mini guide

i might giv the old 1x a try. just im more paranoid about damaging my ram that eneythink else in my pc as it costs the most. apart from my 1900xtx. im not to worryed adout rape'in my infinity to death, as gonna up grade soom as.

also as u were posting earlier in this thread about ram speed-timings. i dont personlly seem to see eney diff when i change the timings. all ive noticed is cpu speed seem to make all the diff, for instance..

when at say 800div ram , and i get my fsb up so the ram runs at say about 1000MHz 2.2v.then if say i set the div to 667 and push the fsb up so ram at 950MHz'ish 2.15v. the 950ish will piss all over the 1000MHz setting in games,test & benching. same volts and timings, apart from the stuff on auto.

that makes me think im gonna deff hav to wait for a new chipset to get the best all round o/c, need a high un-strained fsb with good ram speed. as i know my ram totally capable of o/cing above its rated 1066MHz so want to push it a bit. i hope the new dfi-lanparty will hav sum more ram div's, if we ever get 1;)

depends on the secondary timings like page close idle timer too. I've never compared comparative speed breaks between cas latencies, and considering the point at which the timings relax to allow a higher memory mhz speed.

regads

Raja

cheers, ive using drivestrengh x1.5 all the way down since u said, seems to be better than before naw ive pushed back up to 390fsb.

also eney1 noticed that when running orthos, their cores can go a bit out of sink.? not crashing just off speed. ive only ever been on single core before c2d. so i havnt got eney previous expreince. is it me or is it the c2d?

cheers

big up da spock

i would not worry about the core fluctuations too much, what are you using as a monitor?

Only other thing that would affect the core speeds 'for real' is the speedstep function, as the system recognises loads and applies speed accordingly.

regards

raja

sorry i didnt word what i was saying before very well. when i said out of sink, i ment to say in orthos they go out of sink.

when orthos is running and i watch it complete its loops one core will complete loops a bit quicker than the other. and if i leave it 5hours. then come back and watch it again it might be, instead of a second or two it maybe 15-20sec's out.

i dont remember seeing this happen at stock. but i have tryed at lower o/c's and seems to be the same.

i just thought some1 else might hav seen this to. or even better know why it does it. cheers again

ive realised what was up, or not up i should be saying. its because orthos-dual sum times may run an extra loop on 1 core than the other. so 11 1024k tests on 1 core and 12 1024k tests on the other. so it appeared to be out of sink. so it was just me being paraniod:rolleyes:

to anser ur question about monitering software im using. coretemp for cpu & for north etc i use mainly speed fan.

also im nice and stable again at fsb390, all drive strengh back to auto, pcie115MHz & still 667div. all i needed in the end was the pcie speed and more cpu volts. going for stable fsb400 tomoz. im gonna burn sum more tonight first.

once ive done a nice long prime run i'll post up sum more results & settings.

yeah go for it, if you fail try the newer bios, it seems a little more stable at the higher fsb's than 913..

i got board so only did a few hours, and i did do 7hours cooking at 388fsb so its had plenty.

i wont be burning at 400fsb over night, coz i need my fans up far to loud and i wont be able to sleep. my c2d get so thursty for voltage over 388. its pushing it a bit on air.

its forcing my hand towards water, i'll prob upgrade when i get a new mobo. i'll only cool the cpu & north thought. well maybe sum sort of DX10 gpu too.

n e way here's sum stats..

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=390fsb667divsf2.png

i got board so only did a few hours, and i did do 7hours cooking at 388fsb so its had plenty.

i wont be burning at 400fsb over night, coz i need my fans up far to loud and i wont be able to sleep. my c2d get so thursty for voltage over 388. its pushing it a bit on air.

its forcing my hand towards water, i'll prob upgrade when i get a new mobo. i'll only cool the cpu & north thought. well maybe sum sort of DX10 gpu too.

n e way here's sum stats..

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=390fsb667divsf2.png

Northbridge probably isn't necessary. I had it on mine for a while but went back to the stock heatsink and haven't had any issues with temps, even with max voltage on it.

Your cores are always going to be out of sync in Orthos, as one (or both) will take on other duties as well - such as keeping Windows running and whatever other programs you have backgrounded (if any). No worries there. ;)

I've found its probably not worth it pushing past where it demands lots of voltage. Mt Orthos stable at 3.5 requires about 1.475 volts, where only 200 mhz higher (3.7) require 1.65 and its much MUCH hotter. Just isn't worth it unless you're really extreme. :)

i can get stable but like techno said. lots of volts. eneyone eney idea what sort of temp's these c2d's can handle??. i know amd 64's were designed to shut off at 80c, i hav seen them higher. not on my personal rig though.

i seem to be peeking around 67-68c in coretemp @ fsb400- core +175 / vtt 1.30v . those temp's are when running small fft test in orthosdual.

i seem to need at least fsb400 as it supercharges my ram for sum reason. fsb400 @ a 667div runs my ram @ 1000mhz 2.2v 5-5-5-15. i can run it at 1140MHz on a 800div and extra volts slightly lower fsb o/c , but its seems so much slower. sis sandra ram bench is a good half a GHz different and superpi 1m test is a second or 2 diff too etc etc.

cheers

I'd run orthos and even on water it'd reach 80C at 1.65 volts (and a cold room!).

Anything over that and you'll probably have instabilities....and I wouldn't really recommend running it like that 24/7.

nice 1 cheers. i'll go as far as about 72c then just to be a light-weight. but that will easily giv me what i want. i might even be able to get a bit more so my rams at least rated at its proper speed.

just to ask sum more questions. my north has seemed hot since day 1. even stock with cpu ram everythink ive seen it at 65c.

i hav re-silvered it, which has helped a bit. as its still peeking at 65c but at 400fsb. what every1 else on the stock northsink running at??

i was gonna lap it but when in the hardware shop i picked up the wrong paper. was after a multi grade pack, but only got the real fine stuff. i had a go n e way on a spair southsink i riped off an older board. which worked a treat but in the prosess gave me major w**kers cramp.:). i replaced the ugly cermanic thing.

i will do a 24/7 burn naw uve put my mind at rest abit. i do tend to burn for a good 6-7hour's a time though.