975 oc'ing mini guide

raju

Damit still cant get the audio drivers installed ... could it be my windows package ? I have an ultimate edition (a bundle of programms that all install themselves as well a windows)

And where can i contact DFI for support ? Because on eu-dfi.com it bugs when i submit my request ...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damit still cant get the audio drivers installed ... could it be my windows package ? I have an ultimate edition (a bundle of programms that all install themselves as well a windows)

And where can i contact DFI for support ? Because on eu-dfi.com it bugs when i submit my request ...

Could be related to the 'ultimate edition' you've got, I haven't heard of any troubles installing it before anyways...

Contact 'Bulldog' here on the forums he's our European help guy, not sure if he's messed with one of these yet but if you're looking for an RMA that's probably where to start. ;)

Im having cold boot problems even after a clear cmos !

Join the club.:mad: I was gettin cold boots with 0731, now i got warm boot probs with 0913. I can't restart or f10 out of bios, the pc just hangs & won't post. I gotta switch off power for 2 mins to get pc to re-post.

Join the club.:mad: I was gettin cold boots with 0731, now i got warm boot probs with 0913. I can't restart or f10 out of bios, the pc just hangs & won't post. I gotta switch off power for 2 mins to get pc to re-post.

Are you getting these warm boot/cold boot problems at stock clocks????

Ok thanks a lot.Are theyre any problems with the x64 windows version ?

Im having cold boot problems even after a clear cmos !

No problems with x64 that I've seen, all drivers appear to work perfectly.

The only 'boot' problem I had an issue with was I'd have to hold the power button on my case for a few seconds sometimes for it to start.

No issues like that with it on my desk using the buttons on the board though, so I dunno what that was all about.

Are you getting these warm boot/cold boot problems at stock clocks????

No, its fine at stock. Didn't get cold boots either with 731 at stock. This mobo has my head wrecked. If only my cc wasn't maxed out. :mad:

as HG aid it's best to stick to the usual method of turning all those extra functions off.

On a sidenote (just for explanation sake), if you find you are passing Orthos with C1E 'ON' and failing it with it 'OFF', run memset in XP with C1E 'OFF' and note the timings all the way down the list. Then turn C1E on and run memset again to see if there is any difference, between the 2 positions (assuming all else is left alone in bios).

From your description it appears all your ram timings are on auto (which is fair enough and probably best).

The upshot is that with the C1E fuinction 'ON' if the board is booting at a lower divider it may set the secondry ram timings differently..

If it turns out that there is a difference in the 2 sets of memset timings, just apply the C1E 'ON' timings to the C1E 'OFF' timings in memset.

The second theory is that C1E in the 'ON' postion is not really allowing your CPU to run at full speed during Orthos (which would be bizzare and highly unlikley), which is why you pass.

Other than that on my part, much wasted text, with little to say....

regards

Raja

Well, I do appreciate the input -- especially sa that paints a consistent story. I found out one of my OCZ sticks has errors running at stock speeds. When I was doing ther C1E on/off runs, my RAM was pulled back pretty far and so was not failing. However, if teh C1E plays with the RAM timings, then I have my answer to the strance problemd. I'm RMA-ing the modules and we'll see how it goes when I get that back...

-G

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone point where the vCore and vDimm are able to be measured with a DMM on the 975X/G MB?

Also could someone show the results of what is in BIOS vs what the DMM is reading for these voltages?

Thanks

The only 'boot' problem I had an issue with was I'd have to hold the power button on my case for a few seconds sometimes for it to start.

i never had this problem until i installed the board into my CM Stacker case lol...

and I wouldn't call it a 'problem', more of an oddity (and if i reach in and hit the power button on the mobo itself, it boots right up...yet no other board *at least 5* I have had in my CM Stacker had this problem...thats why it is an oddity...and it always starts, so it's not a 'problem')