Dfi Sucks Again!

-CsA-TAZ

Well after 12 months of trying to get my ultra-D to work and trying every Bios update that came out to resolve my lasting problem and now 100% working, I decided to move over and try the CFX3200-DR, And guess what same old pile of horse manure, if the restarting problem isn’t enough than there is the 10 to 30 second freeze problem, Oh have I mentioned the random shut downs and restarts, yea well I don’t have any more time to waste trying to get the DFI rubbish to work, and yes the rest of my hardware is working fine, its back to ASUS for me, they may not OC as well as DFI but @ least they work @ the start which is more than can be said for DFI, and they say lightning never strike's the same spot twice! :mad:

R.I.P DFI!

Well after 12 months of trying to get my ultra-D to work and trying every Bios update that came out to resolve my lasting problem and now 100% working, I decided to move over and try the CFX3200-DR, And guess what same old pile of horse manure, if the restarting problem isn’t enough than there is the 10 to 30 second freeze problem, Oh have I mentioned the random shut downs and restarts, yea well I don’t have any more time to waste trying to get the DFI rubbish to work, and yes the rest of my hardware is working fine, its back to ASUS for me, they may not OC as well as DFI but @ least they work @ the start which is more than can be said for DFI, and they say lightning never strike's the same spot twice! :mad:

R.I.P DFI!

Sorry to see you go....its a shame you have had bad luck with both boards...

There must have been a reason that you bought another DFI board, perhaps you enjoyed tweaking to get things up and running at their optimum? Quite often you will find people will tollerate problems for the satisfaction that finding cures brings. I have had teething problems with my NF3 U-D, still have a problem with the network connection not working. I know there will be a cure and when I get round to it, I will enjoy fixing it.

I think the path hapiness is a rough one, or,

No pain, no gain.

But I am the sort of guy that comes home from a hard days work fixing copiers and networking issues, and installs a variant of Linux to unwind.

The OP hasn't much effort into it so don't worry about it. Let him go back to Asus, I have found workarounds to some of the problems and have posted them in the ATI sections, right now I have a sweet as hell system running SLI on an ATI board that performs better than my 4 previous nvidia based boards in every way.

PC problems are demoralizing but if you keep at it you will solve your problems.

DFI boards are worth the effort or else there would not be a DFI or this forum. Until you can appreciate that then by all means go to another manufacturer.

Guest caffeinejunkie

R.I.P DFI!

Since you had similar problems with two different boards doesnt that just scream to you that some other component may be at fault? Yes I know you said all your other components were fine but whats your test bed to confirm this? Id be willing to put money on it being a psu issue especially with problems you described but if you want to take the easy way out then be my guest.