do you have a link to the

AMD dual core driver

and

Windows dual core patch

How did you install them?

SAFE MODE or just click and install?

Read that some guys install 1 set stuff in BIOS and and and

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=An+er...G=Google+Search

You see the phrasing of that link? It is your entire error code typed into google and the results of that search...and the search hits range across every type of board and hard drive model known to man and many different types of controller...many NEVER find out what causes the issue...in general or some 80% of the time when looking thru the number of posts I looked thru...it was the hard drive beginning to fail...but remember I said many NEVER found the issue...you have a huge diagnostic routine to try and isolate the root of your problem...but that error code you have can cause untold grief across the entire spectrum of your daily computing...

RGone...:confused:

all right. After reinstalling the chipset and amd dual core driver and windows dual core patch, the system runs stable and I thought it's actually fine, but today I encountered problem. The error that was given to me as follows:

An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk2D during a paging operation.

Any thoughts? is it the hd? cpu? ram? or what.

thank you so much for all the answers. So sorry to revive old thread. The system is really running quite odd. I could have the system running totally stable for like days but once in awhile when I start or restart the computer it will freeze (the system just won't respond to anything, no reboot or any error) and I had to reset it. Sometimes it take just one try, sometimes a few, but once it's done, it's running smooth for a long time. I am so puzzed by this crazy system, what's your suggestion, mobo? ram? HD or what. please help me get the system to run stable forever.

There's two things that leap out at me about this. First, your problem may be related to bad RAM. Just because it MemTests OK and even passes Prime doesn't mean it will be good forever. Maybe try swapping some out - or when you get problems immediately run MemTest from the BIOS to check it out? It could also be a failing hardware/harddrive as suggested earlier... To check, run PowerMax from the Maxtor site over the drive to verify that everything is ok.

If you can scrounge up a copy of Windows Boot-Vis somewhere on the net, download and install it. Run the utility, it will graph what programs are initializing during startup and also total run time to initialize each program. Run the utility repeatedly and see if it is hanging at the same program or process. If not, you can eliminate that a system process, application process or program is causing your boot issues. At this point it becomes a stability/hardware problem if it isn't software related.

If any of your hardware is still under warranty, it's time to start RMA'ing stuff. I would suspect that your hard drive is flaky. In my experience RAM, CPU and motherboard are either good or not. Your hard drive, optical drive and fans are the only components in your rig that also rely on mechanical functions. So I'd suspect your hdd as the first component that is acting flaky.

Guest thespin

Didn't RGone indicate that your HD is going bad ... have you tried replacing ....