Sign in to follow this  
douirc

6.86 nF4 AMD Platform Drivers - Performance Issues!!!!

Well, I thought it would be a good idea to update my machine with the latest platform drivers from nVidia, but the results have been horrible. As soon as I upgraded my HDD performance went to nill. HD Tach used to produce results around 127, but with the new drivers I'm getting around 18 :(

I first thought maybe my drive bit the dust, or the cable came loose or something, but I popped my BartPE CD in and the performance was normal. I even took the time to reformat and install step by step, testing HD Tach along the way. First I installed bare XP Pro and HD Tach performance was fine. Then I installed SP2 and performance was still fine. Then I installed the platform drivers and the performance went down the tubes.

I can't seem to find a list of old platform drivers from nVidia's website. Even if I could, I wouldn't know which to download. Anyone have a suggestion on which platform drivers would be best? The most stable? I think the last set I used were from about 6 months ago. Any idea what version nVidia was at 6 months ago?

Thanks for all the help!

I'm not sure if they will have an older version of the Nforce chipset drivers. But I know www.guru3d.com has a lot of older versions as well as many other versions you have probably never seen before.

I hope this helps!

Have you tried the drivers that came with your Mobo's CD-ROM ?

Those are usually old...and for me are the ones that work best, specially as far as IDE performance is concerned...

you know...

I wondered about those...

I installed those and I get poor sata performance...I will try those also and see...;)

Thanks...

Have you tried the drivers that came with your Mobo's CD-ROM ?

Those are usually old...and for me are the ones that work best, specially as far as IDE performance is concerned...

I installed the latest ones from DFI's site and all performance is fine again