Opteron 146 O/C

kevin612

Does anyone know why when u installed ur window @ default speed and settings....

after finished installing windows.

U overclock ur CPU and RAM to a point and then u cannot boot into windows

and an error comes up say a file has missing or corrupted..

WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM...

Anyone knows why?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAM Speed doesn't matter at all in overclocking, it's the CPU speed that's going to increase performance, so I say you should put a divider on to drop your RAM speed to 200mHz or whatever, and loosen up the timings so you can find the top of your CPU...

And get a new PSU, that's not going to be helping with anything :)

When I overclock my ram too high or if the ram settings are really screwed up I get the same message (WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM...)

actually i didnt screwed up my ram though, and it passes the Memtest...

But I dont know how i can get through this error message..

do u know how ?????

just because you pass memtest doesnt really mean anything....when you clock it high I think it depends how well the sticks agree with each other...

I had some of those Centon Advanced ddr500 that would pass memtestat 235mhz but give that error trying to load windows...

I think it was because the stick werent matched close enough or one of the chips went south...

1 stick would do 250mhz at 2-2-2-5 1T with 2.8vdimm while the other had a hard time doing 235mhz with 2.98vdimm...

I switched to Patriot XBLK's and havent seen this problem since and I can boot to windows at 300x10 1:1 no problem....

When you get that warning it's ram related....

Well maybe...maybe not...

Have you memetested the ram to see how high you can get with those timmings... have you tried loosening them to see how much higher you can get...?

1st thing I'd do is put that puppy on a 166 divider and see how high you can get that cpu...

it doesnt matter how you get there as long as you can... If memory serves your cpu has a default multiplier of 10 so work with that... start inching it up little by little and checking with prime...

What I do is I let prime run (large FFT's) 20minutes..if it doesnt error I bump it 5 more fsb...then I check cpu-z to see where the ram speed is and then run prime again...another 20minutes and repeat....

I go till I get and error in those 20 minutes and see where I am...in my case I was at 290x10 I was still at stock vcore then...bump vcore and keep going or test there for 10hours...see if it passes if it does then work on the ram so more... (I did the ram 1st)

if you cannot get the ram 1:1 with the cpu put it on a divider and check it with cpu-z

dont worry about ram timmings...I only lost 200ms in Super Pi going from 2.5-3-3-7 to 3-4-4-8 but I lost NO bandwidth in Sandra...

with my current ram I can pass memtest at 2.5-3-3-7 up to 294mhz but it wont pass Super Pi and/or prime with those timmings even at 280x10...so try laxing them a little...that may be holding you back...proof will be if you can gain stability with a higher overclock on a divider...

Dont give up..I am sure there is more in that chip...

tested the ram @ 250mhz 3,3,3,6...

fine....no problem....

but dont know why i can into windows with that...

i installed my windows at stock speed..

after all my software has fully installed..

I start overclock my CPU and Ram...

the max that can get into windows without that error msg is

CPU @ 2800mhz and RAM 233mhz 2.5,3,3,6

I overclocked a bit more to 250 mhz 3,3,3,6

and tested with memtest 1.60...works fine...no errors

but then I cant boot into windows....