Pentium 4 Extream Edition

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And AMD doesn't slap a phat price on their new high end chips when they came out?? (i.e. opteron, athlon fx???)

Come on, you can quit while you are ahead... keep preaching Intel all you want, but I won't convert, not many people will.

A Xeon 3GHz goes for about $470, an Opteron 242 goes for about $310. Hmm, shave off $160 and you also get 64 bit processing.

Come on, you can quit while you are ahead... keep preaching Intel all you want, but I won't convert, not many people will.

A Xeon 3GHz goes for about $470, an Opteron 242 goes for about $310. Hmm, shave off $160 and you also get 64 bit processing.

Why are you comparing Intel's TOP of the line XEON against a 242. AN OPTERON 246, TOP of the LINE, COSTS $750. You slap TWO of those on a motherboard and your already at $1500, PROCESSORS ALONE?

What costs more?

Yea i think i will quit while I'm ahead :P

Edit: why don't you do some research, Top of the line AMD Processors COST more than Intel's (AS of right NOW!). Intel is not the only company trying to "get rich" in the market, that is my only point. Buy whatever processors you want. I'm not trying to make you buy anything, just pointing out your bogus facts off your posts!

Edited by AYoKoNA