Sign in to follow this  
Paranoid_ESE

Northbridge Cooler

Hi

The mb is here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58744

Basically the northbridge on my mb is showing consistently around 50 degrees even at stock. Because of the temp I cant take it above 292 mhz. I want to cool the NB more actively but I have never done this before. Is there a special way to do this? I cant see any holes or fixings on the board, and the NB cooler seems to be specific to the board, or is the way it is fitted generic?

Any advice on how to change th nb cooler would be most appreciated.

I am also considering changing the thermal compound, usingt he original passive heatsink with better compund and pointing a fan on it. Any ideas on that idea?

thx

steve

292MHz..... and what multipler? Are you increasing the FSB without decreasing the HT multipler?

You can probably mount a 40mm fan on the heatsink with some screws and small rubber washers.

thats what I'd do....

super glue a fan to the sink...or if you want to spend a buck...get a Thermalright NB-1....check em out...

Thx for the replies. For this mb can I attached a super cooler with fittings curretnly on board? The heatsink looks weirdly attached on the photo in the link I provided on my first post.

steve