of death.

Back to Bios again

I just left everything on " Optimized " setting from bios

then I UP the FSB from 200 to 215, rebooted again back to bios

change FSB to 225 windows started to mess up so I backed FSB to

I included how my temp. is now, I read somewhere if CPU is under 50C

its good ?

Any comment/opinion for the noob(me) would be helpful

you need to find the maximum your cpu can do. run your ram on a divider so ram is taken out of the equation

then find the maximum for your ram. run you cpu at a lower multiplier to take that out of the equation

then once you know the maximum for both of these it should be apparant to you what settings you need to run at.

remember cpu mhz is the king.

Guest Blooz1

Reading the O/C Guide is somewhat daunting the first time through!

Many people find it much easier the 2nd and 3rd time through, also that the info starts to "click", making more sense. I've been around this site for over a year, and I still refer to the Guide 4 or 5 times a week for things!

Many people find it much easier the 2nd and 3rd time through, also that the info starts to "click", making more sense. I've been around this site for over a year, and I still refer to the Guide 4 or 5 times a week for things!

Absolutely!! Until you put in some time with guide in hand it will always "seem" difficult and with every mobo change and new processor and another memory change and on and on...you just have to try stuff and see what it does. No better teacher than experience. Some people want to buy a LanParty because of their reputation and think it's no big deal but don't understand all the time and effort it sometimes takes. Until DFI starts to put out total garbage (god forbid) these are the boards I'll be sticking with...

well.... like i stated i am a noob ... i actually bought my parts in hopes to oc in 5 mins , but i guess i am not going to get away with anything till i see the blue screen of death a couple more times over ..... hope my 4400 x2 (89W verison) stands up to the test and stay cool

and sell your DFI, buy an asus, and never again post on these forums.

Uncalled for. He has conceded that it won't come overnight. All overclocking is a learning exercise, he is just at the beginning,, but, as long as he is willing to learn, he should be welcome to this forum.

First rule of tumb is allways do a bios memtest every time you make changes to bios and pass test 5 & 8 BEFORE ever trying to load your OS

Secont rule of tumb It takes months of testing not mins

bleach Did you forget being a noobie

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleach

and sell your DFI, buy an asus, and never again post on these forums.

Uncalled for. He has conceded that it won't come overnight. All overclocking is a learning exercise, he is just at the beginning,, but, as long as he is willing to learn, he should be welcome to this forum.

spot on captin completely uncalled for!!!

In most respect im a dfi/overclocking noob, it takes a while to get it right, rush it and things go bang.

1st time through the guide is hell, i gave it a day or two and tried again and plenty of time its start getting clearer every time, bear with it mate it is rewarding,honest!!

ps i think they could highlight the testing a little more in that guide, ;-)

i took 2 weeks of perpetual reading, at least 20 times, along with some other guides to try to get myself started. lol.

If i were the threadstarter, i'll just go for a 2:3 divider and just start jacking HTT up. I'll take things bit by bit with stock Vcore.

The rest of the ram settings just leave at optimised defaults, except the divider, 133Mhz :D