Sign in to follow this  
gplracer

Windows installation problem

I have a DFI Ultra II motherboard and Corsair ram. I am trying to install Windows but I have a problem. The computer boots to the Windows XP cd, formats the drive, loads temp files and then reboots as it should. For some reason this is where everything stops. It just hangs at the screen where it says boot from cd. What could cause this? Thanks!!!

This is a Athlon 32 bit system. It is not the one in my signature.

Sounds like it's not seeing the drive, or not getting pointed to the drive that it should boot from.

I would say boot priority.

I checked the boot priority and it is cdrom then hard drive 0. I think I will delete the partition and reformat again. Maybe the partition is not active.

WD Raptor is a sata drive and at a guess your WD 160 HD is IDE. If that is the case and you are trying to install onto the Raptor then disconnect your IDE drive. Windows has put all the files on the Raptor but has put the MBR on your 160 IDE. This is quite common, so as i said, disconnect your IDE drive and then reinstall Windows on your Raptor. Once Windows is up and running, connect you IDE drive again.