yonton228

Free Software Thread

Two things I noticed : Firefox 2 RC1, should be changed to Firefox 2 FINAL.

The other one is that Bootvis from Micro$oft isn't available anymore from the site. You will need to get a 3rd party download site for it.

Thought I post this already but I've had really good luck with a program called Tune XP 1.5 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-...DH-TuneXP.shtml

You can check out the screen shots as well.

It can give you incredibly fast boot times. Worth a try IMO.

Nice little quicky I but on most PCs I build.

I will finally be able to update this thread some more. I plan on organizing the programs a bit better as well as update the ones that are listed and add more programs.

-yonton228/timmy

yonton228 @

I just noticed that you included NTUNE in the category "SYSTEM BENCHMARK/SYSTEM INFO/OVERCLOCKING". That's a dangerous recommendation, because someone might actually think it's useful for overclocking.

This forum has plenty of comments about the dangers of NTUNE. The only non-dangerous use of it could be monitoring temperatures, which makes the program quite useless in view of other available programs.

You have two choices:

- either you add some BIG RED WARNING about how this overclocking or adjusting settings by this program might permanently damage the system.

- either, which I think is the best option, you don't include in the list.

You're doing a good job Yonton228, so don't take it personal.

RGR that, this thread is for everyone and I appreciate everyones input. Today is my first day off in like 10 days so I will enjoy it. I am testing out some more programs atm, if they are good I will post them.

-yonton228/timmy