Free Software Thread

yonton228

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

A nice little tool ReelFiles turned me onto today....

HDD Health...it tells you the health of your drives...I found out today the Seagate 160gb drive I had suffered from being loaded with Vista and all that thrashing it was doing took a toll on the drive...drive health is 61%

http://www.panterasoft.com/

Not on mine, I have defragged it many times. I see similar results with HDDs I test at work, which are also manufactured by Seagate. The proprietary software we use at work to determine whether HDDs are fit for server applications is similar to this app.

Not sure I follow?

Are you thinking the software has a flaw?

Seagates require a special (manufacturer) test.

Or that you have seen a lot of Seagate drives with poor test results at work?

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

You and bowtie started this :)

What he's saying is they see the same results at his work with different software....so it's not a flaw in HDD but with Seagate in general...

I did defragment and I also did a scandisk and neither helped....I noticed under load of the drive the number will drop but after letting it cool down it comes right back....

I think seagate/maxtor is crap, those are the only drives that have ever gone bad one me, and I've had a lot of drives over the years. Maxtor used to be decent, but now that Seagate bought them they are going down the drain.