yonton228

Free Software Thread

Guest InFeKtioN

Here is a Few .... These Apps are free and available at the time of this post ..

123 Free Solitaire 2006

FrEE !

Solitaire ! huh .....

BlockNote

Extremely easy to use Web page editor.

Designed for people who create content for the Web, BlockNote is compact, fast and is as easy to use as a word processor. Its’ simple, user-friendly interface enables even the most novice computer user to import, edit and format web pages—without having to learn any HTML!

Crimson Editor

Crimson Editor is a professional source code editor for Windows.

This program is not only fast in loading time, but also small in size (so small that it can be copied in one floppy disk).

While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for programming languages such as HTML, C/C++, Perl and Java.

Doc Convertor

Looking for a simple and fast way to export your source code / documents into various file formats? Look no further than Doc Convertor, a unique and easy to use software to quickly and easily export (10+ formats supported) and print your text-based documents, convert them to PDF, Excel, images and more!

Convert your source code / documents to the following formats :

HTML

PDF

BMP

PNG

JPG

Lotus

SVG

QUATTRO Pro

Excel

Automatically recognize and highlight 30+ formats, including html, css, php, C/C++, C#, ASP, VB6, Pascal, Perl, SQL and more!

Print / Create advanced reports using a state-of-the-art printing / report engine

Convert multiple files at once.

Elfima Notepad

Elfima Notepad is a free text editor to create PDF, SVG, XML, or XHTML documents. It can also edit existing PDF documents created with Elfima Notepad. It's the perfect tool to work on small PDF documents quickly and easily !

Elfima notepad doesn't have pre-requisites (as Adobe Acrobat) or particular configuration.

Sample Elfima Notepad Files

Newsletter (PDF) (15 kB)

Simple Text (PDF) (1 kB)

Memorandum (PDF) (19 kB)

Memorandum (SVG) (3 kB)

Pub (PDF) (2 kB)

Pub (Animated SVG) (3 kB)

Bookmarks (PDF) (6 kB)

I dont know if people allready listed these but didnt see them on the list

ImgBurn v2.3.2.0, lightweight burner, does iso's also, some like better than nero

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Media Player Classic,Great for videos(not HD), can also get FFdshow to add filters ect..

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

RMclock, advanced CnQ setup, for throttling and low power idles

http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml

Nero 6 package 1

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero6-update.php

speedeuphoria, good suggestions. Without RMclock my Everex XT5000T would not even be usable for games because of throttling. Under volting with RMclock keep the temps under control. It works great on my Turion TL-50.

I also like Image Burn and MP Classic.

Now I have to figure out what AnUnknownSource's Super is all about. Looks interesting.

Guest InFeKtioN

This is a nice thread ....

It would be nice if someone could update the first post with the additions.

Thanks ....

It's difficult to get an overview of this thread, but hopefully it will be updated.

What I thought of, which works perfectly well independent of operating system since it's based on Mozilla projects, is a nice alternative to Outlook with added advantages:

- Add Lightning (the equalent of Sunbird but as an intergrated add-on) to Thunderbird

- Now you have an Email client with calender features

- If you don't have it create a Google account calender

- Install another add-on for your Thunderbird/Lightning application, a Google extension

- Create a new calender in Thunderbird/Lightning as a network calender, select Google calender and provide your XML

- Now you got not just a full featured Email/Calender application, but it will also bi-synchronize automatically with Google Calender

- Another advantage is that you'll be able to use the same applications, accounts and features independent of operating system

I suppose there's some good guides for this, but in case there's a need for it I could write a guide.